Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I have Disappeared as a listed traveler from my Account Profile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry

I went into account to book a ticket and found I am not in my own account as a traveler..
Talked to the web desk and they indicated that starting last night some of the elite members no longer had themselves in their own profile. Said they do not know what happened, but only affecting a few members.
I am a lucky one?
Do not know when it will be rectified.
All I know right now. Maybe only Globalist, but nit sure if this goes further.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by shelby101
All I know right now. Maybe only Globalist, but nit sure if this goes further.
Globalist?

Are you talking about the Hyatt program or UA MP where you posted?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: UA
Shelby:
I had the same thing happen when tried to make a flight reservation-We must be in the group of lucky ones. The UA website also charged for Economy Plus seats-I have an E+ subscription.
When I called the Reservation Line to book the same flights, the agent was able to book E+ seats without any additional charge and was willing to waive the fee for making the reservation.
My hope is that the website has a temporary glitch that will quickly resolve the issue. If not, I hope that other Reservation Agents will be willing to waive the booking fee when I call to make a reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
This all sounds very Orwellian. If you don't spend the PQDs they demand, you will be disappeared....
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:59 am

I (1K) had the same problem yesterday evening. Tried to book online, as usual, but, even though I was logged in, I wasn’t listed asa traveler in the drop down menu. I had to call in to make the reservation.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you not re-enter your information? It's not a solution to the problem, but I would think that to be easier than calling.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I (1K) had the same problem yesterday evening. Tried to book online, as usual, but, even though I was logged in, I wasn’t listed asa traveler in the drop down menu. I had to call in to make the reservation.
I had the same problem... i manage multiple travelers and quite a few are missing besides me
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:29 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Join the club.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Everyone, double check your accounts ASAP. Hopefully unrelated, but I just had a call from the MPSC concerning name changes and email changes on my accounts, then attempts to purchase gift cards and things via the MPX app. I had been removed as a traveler from my account, and my primary email and mailing addresses replaced.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I am gone too, as are several others in my list of travelers, but only when I try to book a ticket on the full web site.

ETA: Everybody shows up in the app when I try and book a ticket (non-upgraded version).

ETA2: Everybody shows up in my profile. The glitch seems to affect tickets booked on the full website, at least for me.

ETA3: Now I'm back, but only the first 9 travelers plus me (10 total) appear, with the other nine in alphabetical order. All travelers with last names starting after "H" are gone.

Last edited by Bonehead; Feb 13, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:26 pm

I manage my FIL (GS) account and his account is having the same issue.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
One way to cull the pool of GS and 1K members to make upgrades easier for the rest of us.

Seriously though this is concern. The protocols around MP accounts need to be stronger as our CC info is stored and miles do have some value. There should be a two step authentication system.
greenpau likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Slight hijack: I am having a similar problem where I cannot email myself reservation confirmations. Only my wife's email shows up. I've spoken several times to United web support, and their only advice is to delete and re-add my email address...which does not solve the problem.

Note my email works fine for all other United communications...just not the transmission of ticketing/reservation confirmations.

Anyon else have a similar issue?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Global Services only Sorry, mind was on Hyatt when typing
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Can you not re-enter your information? It's not a solution to the problem, but I would think that to be easier than calling.
The website wouldn’t be able to answer my questions, I.e.,

Is there a problem with the website?
Why does my wife show up, but I don’t?
Why can’t you see my credit card info?
Etc.

Also,, I would have had to register as a new traveler (because of the first page that pops up) which only asked for basic information. It would have required filling in more than one page of info. So, my choice was to call. Others can make their own choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.