Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH agent 'shuts door' on Big Bang Theory actress

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:40 am
Original Poster

UA Flyertalk jurors...decipher what you can from the tweets...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...222852933.html

According to her between the superlatives...
  • Sunday, IAH-LAX, F seat assignment / ticket
  • Late inbound creates tight connection
  • Is told there are 'plenty of seats' so might still make it
  • Makes it to gate while door is open
  • Several other pax from the same flight make it around the same time
  • They are allowed to board
  • She is told no because of her 'suitcase' and door closed

My guess is she was offloaded to clear an upgrade / the coach standby list and there may have been a coach seat left (which she could care less about apparently - just any seat on the plane).

Looking at flights on Sun afternoon IAH-LAX in the app they look full or one or two coach seats left at departure.

The whole 'suitcase' line from the agent is strange cover...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I feel like this is a case where we're getting only one side of the story. My general life experience is that the more dramatic the side of the story you're hearing is, the less likely it accurately reflects reality. I'm going to go with no overhead space remaining, and Mayim was asked to check her carry-on and when Mayim refused the GA who was trying to get the flight out moved on with her life.

Edit: The comment about "I had a first class seat!" being about her bag sitting in her seat seems rather nonsensical, and is either cover for her actually pulling DYKWIA, or indicates a complete lack of familiarity with air travel and a good chance she's not understanding other factors at play that led to the result.
writerguyfl and arollins like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
I'm going to go with the GA doesn't like The Big Bang Theory for fun as Mayim said, but I don't have any educated guesses. Curious to hear what the FT hive mind thinks.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Not a lot of details, certainly not enough to make an good assumption on what really happened. For one, I question that a FA closed the door in her face. I’m certain the actress never made it down the jetway.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:46 am

I think United is a very very bad airline and angry customers are always right. I strongly encourage everyone, especially those who are buying paid F fares (and anyone with high status), to stop flying United. When the F cabin is empty and nearly anyone can upgrade into it, I think then, United will learn their lesson!
Palal, KenTarmac, ajGoes and 5 others like this.

Last edited by bman1002; Feb 12, 2019 at 8:47 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Not a lot of details, certainly not enough to make an good assumption on what really happened. For one, I question that a FA closed the door in her face. I’m certain the actress never made it down the jetway.
I think Mayim doesn't know the difference between a FA and a GA and it was the door to the jetway that was closed.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
There are enough assumptions being made that they could put another season of shows together.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EAlyse
I'm going to go with the GA doesn't like The Big Bang Theory for fun as Mayim said, but I don't have any educated guesses. Curious to hear what the FT hive mind thinks.
If GA doesn’t like BBT odds are that GA doesn’t watch BBT and would have no idea who the actress ‘is’. I’ve seen maybe 1-2 episodes and I doubt I would recognize any of the ‘stars’ out in the wild.
kimberlyrose and TBD like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:11 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
There are enough assumptions being made that they could put another season of shows together.
Too bad it wasn't Larry David. Then we know that there would be another full season of shows.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Too bad it wasn't Larry David. Then we know that there would be another full season of shows.
Curb lampooned UA last season.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:19 am

Wouldn't have happened to Kaley Cuoco
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by EAlyse
Curious to hear what the FT hive mind thinks.
Bialik's physical appearance is so altered / made up / costumed for that show, she attracts few drive-by street encounters in everyday life. You'd have to be really focused on both her and the show to realize who she was.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by BearX220
Bialik's physical appearance is so altered / made up / costumed for that show, she attracts few drive-by street encounters in everyday life. You'd have to be really focused on both her and the show to realize who she was.
That really depends on the person. I'm good with faces and can remember people I've met once before YEARS later when randomly running into them in an entirely different situation. If I heard her talk it would be game over.

Mayim Bialik seems to have a habit of doing things to call attention to herself and while it certainly wouldn't surprise me if she had a heated exchange with the GA after making it to the gate at the very end of boarding when she'd already been offloaded from her F seat, looking at the entirety of the situation presented I see an occasional traveler who doesn't understand what is happening and is simply mad that the vagaries of air travel didn't work out for her that day. And if she expressed half the negative energy towards the GA as she did in her tweets, I'm not surprised if the GA closed and hid behind the boarding door either.
AceReport likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I would have barred her from the flight for having to endure Blossom with my College girlfriend, I will never get those years back.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Based on the oversized carryon my response is:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.