Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is UA Mailing Blue Bag Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers, restarted for new 1Ks?

If you did not receive a Yellow Baggage Wrap when you reached 1K or you need another one, email 1Kvoice and request another one. They should respond and tell you that they will ship you one out within 7-10 business days.
If they do not respond to your original email, send another email.
If they do respond but do not mail you a Yellow Baggage Wrap within 10 business days then re-request one with a copy of their original response.

The bag wrap can provide priority processing of your gate check bags on UX. It may help checked bags also but the primary benefits is first delivery of gate check bags. It is not 100% (this is UA ) but with time it has become very common benefit for many UX flights.

The only known formal mention of Yellow Wraps (but only readable by GS)
Originally Posted by Ari
https://globalservices.united.com
At The Airport --> Boarding and Baggage --> Baggage
Yellow Handle Wrap for gate-checked baggage on United Express(R)-operated flights, for expedited gate checking and delivery

Thread archive:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I got one of these the first year they sent them out -- and then never received another. The same goes for Mrs. Xyzzy. I wnder, did those who received them multiple times change MP levels at some point in time?
No, as I recall I got my first when I reached 1K status and then got them every year until really last year. I have a bunch of them now and don't really use them as intended. Somebody posted they sell them on ebay, seems like a total waste but to each his own.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nomad420
.......and don't really use them as intended........
And now we all wonder what are the other uses.....
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Tadefender
I emailed the 1K line and received this response:

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We’re glad to hear from you.

At this time and we can't put in a request for fulfillment until the vendor opens the portal again. Please contact us after 1/31/19 and we will be happy to request them for you.
I received a very similar response about a week ago .... very quickly - within an hour or so of writing.

1KVoice has been supremely responsive lately. Feel like United’s firing on all cylinders right about now.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
No, as I recall I got my first when I reached 1K status and then got them every year until really last year. I have a bunch of them now and don't really use them as intended. Somebody posted they sell them on ebay, seems like a total waste but to each his own.
Ive only ever received one! Emailed [email protected] x2 not even a response or a read receipt!!!!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
I've only been 1K for a few months and emailed the 1K voice line twice. Both times I received a response within 24 hours. The last time was just a few hours. I am impressed with the level of service so far!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
And now we all wonder what are the other uses.....
LOL, nothing really too strange if that is what you are thinking. I am a vintner and put them on customs cases that I carry product (wine) in checked baggage with the hope that they handle it with a bit more care.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:04 am

LOL, nothing really too strange if that is what you are thinking. I am a vintner and put them on customs cases that I carry product (wine) in checked baggage with the hope that they handle it with a bit more care.
I think that use is still an intended use. I received one last year but have not used it yet as I was worried it would get lost. Now that my wife is supposed to get one as she qualified for 1K for the first time, I will use mine.

I like that career: vintner. I'm on the consuming side......

It must be quite a shock for you about the wines on UA. Last year, the FA told the person sitting next to my wife that the Catena wine was from Italy. About 30 minutes later, my wife felt that it was her duty to tell that passenger that the Catena wine was from Argentina.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jan 16, 2019 at 11:10 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; AC 50K; Marriott Titanium
Became 1K late in the fall of 2018. Received my 2018 1K kit and then my 2019 1K kit but no sight of the hello handle wrap.

Since I take a lot of UX flights, I emailed 1K voice to order one and they responded to me that they will be sent separately during the first quarter of 2019.

I'm based in Canada so I do hope they'll send me one. If I haven't received it in April, I'll try again and ask to have it delivered to my office in Colorado.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA - 1K, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - President's Circle
FYI--I just got off the phone with Mileage Plus and "they turned the manual system back on" so you can call and order yellow bag handles.

The agent explained that in November "they" turn the manual request system off so agents aren't ordering cards that are only good for a few weeks.

Happy Valentine's Day
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by craigsnyc
FYI--I just got off the phone with Mileage Plus and "they turned the manual system back on" so you can call and order yellow bag handles.

The agent explained that in November "they" turn the manual request system off so agents aren't ordering cards that are only good for a few weeks.

Happy Valentine's Day
I requested a handle wrap today from 1K Voice and within a couple hours got this response, which I'm guessing means it will be sent out by March 30th:

Mr. Tarheelnj:

Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus program!

The handle wraps are sent out separately within the first quarter.

Thank you for selecting MileagePlus as your frequent flyer program. We look forward to serving you again soon.

As a Premier 1K member, we value your business. Thank you for choosing United and MileagePlus.

Regards,
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by craigsnyc

Happy Valentine's Day
I was told this last year when I called to order one, and today I called in, the agent said that it is ordered and to give it 3-4 weeks to arrive!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by kiloohm
Became 1K late in the fall of 2018. Received my 2018 1K kit and then my 2019 1K kit but no sight of the hello handle wrap.

Since I take a lot of UX flights, I emailed 1K voice to order one and they responded to me that they will be sent separately during the first quarter of 2019.

I'm based in Canada so I do hope they'll send me one. If I haven't received it in April, I'll try again and ask to have it delivered to my office in Colorado.
Similar situation - I hit 1K in the second half of 2018, got a kit but no wrap. Got the 2019 kit, but there was no wrap in their either. I have a US address, though - so hoping it gets to me soon as well. I have some UX flights in March!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: UA GS, QF Plat, Marriot/SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by windhund
Similar situation - I hit 1K in the second half of 2018, got a kit but no wrap. Got the 2019 kit, but there was no wrap in their either. I have a US address, though - so hoping it gets to me soon as well. I have some UX flights in March!
You actually have to request it, it won’t come on it’s own. If you haven’t asked for it yet, just shoot an email to the 1K line and ask for one (include your MP# and shipping address to speed it up). I just put my request in for this year for both my wife and I... they told my 1K wife, 2-3 weeks and my (GS) 4-5 weeks... the race is on!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by willfam3
You actually have to request it, it won’t come on it’s own. If you haven’t asked for it yet, just shoot an email to the 1K line and ask for one (include your MP# and shipping address to speed it up). I just put my request in for this year for both my wife and I... they told my 1K wife, 2-3 weeks and my (GS) 4-5 weeks... the race is on!
Last year, it did come on it's own to my home. It came around end of March.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:11 am

Made 1K for the first (and probably only) time last year; figured I might as well email 1K Voice about it. Got a reply today that it was requested and should arrive in 2-3 weeks (no mention of it "already being ordered").

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.