Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

any way to show fare avail for segments separately for AAA-BBB-CCC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something

So... let's say I want to try and find something with reasonable chances to upgrade on, so we do the usual thing of looking for flights that have better availability in the P/Z bucket. But if I'm connecting domestically before my longhaul flight and I search expertflyer, I get the combined availability for the whole trip.

Said another way, if I'm looking at RDU-IAH-SYD on United, expertflyer might well say something like J2 C2 D0 Z0 P0, *but* it's entirely possible that's because the RDU-IAH segment only has 2 seats available in J/C and none in D/Z/P. When what I *really* care about is what the IAH-SYD leg looks like: if that one is Z9 P9 then there's a much better chance I can get that upgrade to clear.

So while I certainly CAN individually search each single leg, I'm hoping maybe someone has a shortcut where I can still do the search by saying "get me from RDU to SYD" when in reality I want it to show me each individual segment's availability instead of the availability for the whole trip.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Searching individual segments is the only way to do this. If by happenstance the leftmost pricing column contains a fare break you will get separate inventory, but you can't force this to happen. EF will always do an O&D inventory validation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.