Wiki Posts
Search

Bringing a water ski

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Bringing a water ski

Hi FT friends. As a 1K I’ve brought all sorts of stuff, and the baggage policy seems clear that I can bring my slalom
ski on my spring vacation to FL but I just want to know what others may have experienced. I have a padded ski bag and I’m going to protect the fin with some rigid foam and tape.

I dont believe there there are any excess baggage fees for a water ski but I don’t want to be surprised by a misinterpretation of the rules.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Per the website, water skis fall under the same provisions as snow skis, which are allowed in a suitable bag.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/sports.aspx
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Many thanks! I do not want to assume I understood the language!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tryathlete
I dont believe there there are any excess baggage fees for a water ski but I don’t want to be surprised by a misinterpretation of the rules.
No but it will count as ONE checked bag. Sno ski bag and boot bag together still count as ONE back just FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.