Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No lounge MNL terminal 3 for UA premium cabin/*G flyers

Old Feb 3, 19, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50, UA 1K 108,678 miles 2014

Checked in for my flight from Mnl to GUM and was told there was no lounge available.

They recentiy moved from terminal 1 to terminal 3 and apparently there is no affiliation yet with any of the contract lounges. Just a heads up to those who arrive early...like I did 👎

The silver Kris lounge closes before check in for this flight so no luck there.

As bad as terminal 1 was at least there was access to the crappy pags lounge. At terminal 3 there is NOTHING!!

Incredible...but I guess not surprising.
Old Feb 3, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM, Hilton Gold
Unfortunate, by why "incredible"? During SFO T3 construction, UA flew some flights out of T1, again with no lounge.
Old Feb 3, 19, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Yeah... MNL really is a crappy airport.

Last time I was there the ANA lounge in T3 was accepting Priority Pass members because the other PP lounges were closed. What's weird is that I'd think you could access the ANA lounge w/ Star Gold on a United flight, but their website says only ANA flyers can access. The lounge is pretty small, so maybe that's for capacity reasons. It was nice to be able to use it though, as when I was there the air-conditioning wasn't working in the entire Terminal 3.
Old Feb 3, 19, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50, UA 1K 108,678 miles 2014
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead View Post
Unfortunate, by why "incredible"? During SFO T3 construction, UA flew some flights out of T1, again with no lounge.
Well I guess what I find ‘incredible’ is that they operated out of the much older terminal 1 for years and provided lounge access for premier and star gold members with one of the contract lounges.

They seemingly moved to the more modern terminal 3 as many other airlines have to provide a better service and improved amenities but didn’t bother to negotiate a lounge contract? The move was planned for months so there was certainly plenty of time. The contract lounges are there, so I guess you wouid think they wouid have had something In place before they made the move. But I guess it was too much to hope for.

Originally Posted by brp1264 View Post
Yeah... MNL really is a crappy airport.

Last time I was there the ANA lounge in T3 was accepting Priority Pass members because the other PP lounges were closed. What's weird is that I'd think you could access the ANA lounge w/ Star Gold on a United flight, but their website says only ANA flyers can access. The lounge is pretty small, so maybe that's for capacity reasons. It was nice to be able to use it though, as when I was there the air-conditioning wasn't working in the entire Terminal 3.
Actually the ‘ANA’ lounge there is actually a contract lounge. I was denied access there as a star gold and told only ANA flyers could use this lounge.

The SA silver kris lounge is the only lounge there that will accept star gold customers. And it’s actually a pretty nice lounge.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 19 at 6:38 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 3, 19, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
That's pretty frustrating, and I think something worthy of a complaint if you are flying in a premium cabin.

If they were still flying out of T1, the Royal Orchid lounge is absolutely worthless, and usually just use the Starbucks there instead.

T3 also has coffee shops and restaurants better than T1's Royal Orchid.
Old Feb 3, 19, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by 100% Green View Post
That's pretty frustrating, and I think something worthy of a complaint if you are flying in a premium cabin.

If they were still flying out of T1, the Royal Orchid lounge is absolutely worthless, and usually just use the Starbucks there instead.

T3 also has coffee shops and restaurants better than T1's Royal Orchid.
Agree with you here.

I flew Thai from MNL->BKK last year as I wanted a decent flying experience. I had forgotten how much of a dump and crowded T1 was, and was disappointed by the lounge there. I would have been better off flying Cebu Pacific out of T3.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: