7 hours in SFO with United Club pass?

Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

7 hours in SFO with United Club pass?

I'm flying AKL to SFO to BNA and have a 7 hour layover in SFO on Monday the 18th. I have Priority Pass, and 2 United Club lounge passes so I'm thinking of using one of the UC passes up. I get in at 630am and leave at 130pm. Global Entry so I won't waste time there. No desire to venture into into SF.

Recommendation on how to spend the time?

Are any of the UC lounges and/or PP lounges better than others? I don't drink so alcohol selection is a non-issue. A shower would be great but it doesn't look like they have showers. I'm flying E+ so guessing I can't get into a Polaris lounge.

Thanks!
Justin

Last edited by JustinNashville; Feb 2, 2019 at 4:33 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
You mean AKL? AUK is an airport in the US.

There is Freshen Up (before security but you would have to go landside anyway) where you can get a shower for $25.

I would still try to get out of the airport. Maybe In-N-Out in Milbrae or Bayfront Park (for plane spotting).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:30 pm

The UC at gate 76 is larger and I’ve found it to be less crowded than the other UC. It’s also not a cookie cutter design so more interesting to me. Lots of windows. Don’t miss the changing exhibits in the museum between gates 72 and 76 between the moving walkways. Always something interesting to peruse.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Yes AKL. My mistake.

Nice that's awesome about Freshen Up. Definitely worth a look!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
The UC at gate 76 is larger and I’ve found it to be less crowded than the other UC. It’s also not a cookie cutter design so more interesting to me. Lots of windows. Don’t miss the changing exhibits in the museum between gates 72 and 76 between the moving walkways. Always something interesting to peruse.
I agree the Routunda Club is my favorite, and also that getting out of the airport is a great idea.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
With PriorityPass, skip the food in the United lounge and grab breakfast at YankeePier with the $28 credit you’ll get with your PP card.
cawhite, bbriscoe34 and 330 like this.

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Feb 2, 2019 at 6:51 pm Reason: Changed a word...
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
With PriorityPass, skip the food in the United lounge and grab breakfast at YankeePier with the $28 credit you’ll get with your PP credit.
I might use quotation marks there . . . i.e., skip the "food" in the United Club
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I might use quotation marks there . . . i.e., skip the "food" in the United Club
I will say, when I flew SFO-TPE in December, I was impressed by the breakfast “food” they had out in the club. The contract staff, not so much, but the fresh fruit was pretty decent. Still, not a replacement for a proper meal
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
You can also grab lunch (or something to bring aboard) at SF Giants Clubhouse restaurant in T3, near the 80s gates. They had an ahi tuna burger that I thought was pretty good. I believe you can use PP at the same airport once every 3 hours or something like that.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
With PriorityPass, skip the food in the United lounge and grab breakfast at YankeePier with the $28 credit you’ll get with your PP card.
Originally Posted by STS-134
You can also grab lunch (or something to bring aboard) at SF Giants Clubhouse restaurant in T3, near the 80s gates. They had an ahi tuna burger that I thought was pretty good. I believe you can use PP at the same airport once every 3 hours or something like that.
Or visit both Giants Clubhouse does breakfast too FWIW.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
If you don’t mind dropping a couple bucks the new Mustards Grill (of Napa game) in the intl terminal (don’t have to exit security) is actually good. The best UA Club, as others have mentioned, is the rotunda club near the 70’s/80’s gates. agree with what others have said though. Take either the Marriott of Westin shuttle and go walk around bayfront park and have lunch at New England lobster on Cowan rd (walking distance).
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me, Yankee Pier is overpriced with mediocre food and service. For $28, if there is no restriction on the restaurant, I would try some of the other ones.
findark likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by username
To me, Yankee Pier is overpriced with mediocre food and service. For $28, if there is no restriction on the restaurant, I would try some of the other ones.
Priority Pass doesn't give a credit at any restaurant just the one that is in their program
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
If flying from AKL, you will effectively be landside when exiting Customs, so all the landside facilities will be available at no inconvenience. My favorite is the Samovar Tea Room in the International Terminal, about 2/3 of the way to the A gates.
cawhite likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: United MP Premier Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by STS-134
2 different PP from the same card au and main card holder can be used at different places back to back? I use my at YP and au uses theirs at SFgiants

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.