Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Didn't earn status for'19,digi card has status to 1/31 but still Silver -Marriot Plat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Didn't earn status for'19,digi card has status to 1/31 but still Silver -Marriot Plat

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold

My digital card indicated status expires 1/31 but system still shows me as Silver

Did I get a freebie because of my history?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by caseminole
My digital card indicated status expires 1/31 but system still shows me as Silver

Try a booking a flight and see how many RDMs UA’ll be potentially giving you.

7x fare, and UA (currently) sees you as Silver. Doesn’t mean, however, that UA might eventually correct/adjust to actual status.

5x fare, and UA really sees you as General Member and has not updated visible status (or as pointed out below, you’re looking at a static card).

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 2, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
In the UA app or in the Apple Wallet?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Good point....
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

shows expiry as 1/31 in what year? I earned silver again (met requirements). Yesterday when I logged in to the app in the morning, and immediately looked at the card, it showed ‘valid through 01/2019’. Shortly after, presumably after it had time to refresh, the expiration date completely disappeared, but card still showed silver. By evening, I looked again and it correctly said ‘valid through 01/2020’.

UA could have also kept it for you. I’d assume that is the case if your card says valid through 01/2020. My wife seems to have gotten a reprieve from UA - she’s been mostly gold/plat since before the merger, but silver last year (with ~35000 miles flown in ‘17). In 2018, she was ~1500 PQM short of the official mark, but hit all other requirements, and even I was surprised to see she seems to have kept her silver status this year. She’ll take it for sure.

What was was your PQM last year - were you somewhat close. Does the ‘Mystatus’ site give you a welcome letter when you logged in?

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Even though I kept the same status, the silver card I’ve had in Wallet this past year said ‘this pass is expired’ starting yesterday. Just like last year (when i went from gold to silver). Downloaded a new one to wallet yesterday, and the expired pass still appeared, but also an additional one noting the 01/2020 expiry date.

Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
My digital card indicated status expires 1/31 but system still shows me as Silver ..
Where are you seeing this?
Which version of the app , on what type of phone?

Don't remember the virtual card using 01/31 -- which includes no year.
I have check both old and new android app and both shows 01/2020

What does the united.com state about your status?

and the above mystatus.united.com suggestion is good.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:11 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unlikely. Try giving it 24 hours.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Update : the card now has no expiration date it just indicates "Trial Status"

They're indicating that they need to confirm with Marriott that I have Platinum status before extending me Silver.

I have requalified under Rewards Plus the last couple of years.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update : the card now has no expiration date it just indicates "Trial Status"

They're indicating that they need to confirm with Marriott that I have Platinum status before extending me Silver.

I have requalified under Rewards Plus the last couple of years.
Did you have UA Gold status in 2018?

That would be pretty hilarious if you received Marriott Gold status through United Gold status in 2018, and then your Marriott Gold converted to Marriott Platinum with the loyalty program merge, and then your Marriott Platinum status granted you United Silver status in 2019.
onthesam likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
That would be pretty hilarious if you received Marriott Gold status through United Gold status in 2018, ....
Mariott Platinum ===> UA Silver in 2018.
hardworking21 likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2019 at 12:58 am Reason: Got the Marriott levels confused
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:09 pm

OP, I am in the same boat - renewed my Marriott Platinum Plus Elite+ status last year, which should grant me Silver status on United; I think Marriott is actually the lag here, as they're still validating if folks made it to that status (or higher), which is why our Silver status is Trial only.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Mariott Gold ===> UA Silver in 2018.
Really? I admit to having difficulty following all of the status match remappings, but I had the understanding Marriott Platinum linked through RewardsPlus to grant United Silver. E.g., an oblique reference:
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
And how much are you willing to spend on meetings and stays to get a $25 bag fee waived? I think the RewardsPlus program is useless for a Marriott Platinum Elite with 75+ nights, but maybe I value things differently. Absolute Zero Incentive for me to persue Platinum Elite for United Silver. You can spend your or your company's dollars as you see fit but it makes no "Cents" to me.

James
This seems consistent with my understanding that the Marriott Platinum (75-night) status channelled through RewardsPlus to United's Silver. After the merge, 'Platinum' became the 50-night status, but Marriott's internal systems seemed to have a devil of a time distinguishing what was what.

So I am speculating that their internal confusion is being communicated to United to grant spuriously higher status.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Really? I admit to having difficulty following all of the status match remappings, but I had the understanding Marriott Platinum linked through RewardsPlus to grant United Silver. E.g., an oblique reference:...
You are correct, all the Marriott level changes and relabeling got me confused. The key point is no level of Marriott status got you UA Gold which the questioner was asking about. UA Silver was the best they got.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hardworking21
OP, I am in the same boat - renewed my Marriott Platinum Plus Elite+ status last year, which should grant me Silver status on United; I think Marriott is actually the lag here, as they're still validating if folks made it to that status (or higher), which is why our Silver status is Trial only.
This may be working the other way too. It’s 3rd Feb and my Marriott status is still Platinum. It should have been downgraded to Gold as I didn’t stay anywhere near 50 nights last year and only have status through the UA partnership.

Unless they’re being very kind to me, it does appear to be a Marriott issue. I’m staying at a Sheraton Monday. Let’s see what status they recognize me with at check in.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Unlikely they’ll do status updates at Msrriott until the new Bonvoy program launches mid-month so it’ll be later than usual this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.