1/4 so far
1/18 EWR-LAS no
1/21 LAS-EWR no
1/29 EWR-RDU no
1/29 RDU-EWR yes

AW
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA
I cleared LAX-IAH on the 77G 2/2. 1st time, Saturday afternoon flight; 2nd time 1:30am on a Tuesday but it was after I SDC onto it very surprised at that one.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I am seeing nothing clear - for me, or anyone else - on my flights. F seems to go out full with either paid, awards, or buy-ups.
The entire front cabin could be upgrades and you wouldn't know. For the past several months the upgrade list has only shown people that cleared after they checked in - so anyone that cleared in advance (even <24 hours, if they weren't checked in at the time) won't show.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by findark
I feel like a lot of this is small sample sizes, although it's always hard to tell. My general impression versus 1-2 years ago is that more and more people are buying F outright and/or taking the check-in buyup offers, but it's also much harder to tell the difference between 1K CPUs and 3-4 day purchases of F since they don't display the upgrade list anymore.
+1. I think UA has calibrated the buy-up prices to make it quite attractive, particularly if you're not elite so would have to pay for E+, or if you're a late booker and F is worth it over a middle seat in the back.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
I had 2 GPUs to use in January - both got burned successfully on single segment, mid-range domestic flights.

Of 3 possible CPU opportunities in January, I got the CPU once, so 1 out of 3 - not great.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Not much of a sample size, but 4/4 so far for CPU but all were on PHL-ORD. I have an ORD-PHL coming up on sunday that isnt looking good.
5/6 for RPU, these were mostly on PHL-IAH or DEN
One RPU was not successfully burned even giving it away

I was getting so use to F, that I was actually wondering if the E+ seats had gotten smaller when I had to sit in one.

Last edited by eng3; Feb 1, 2019 at 3:57 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:25 pm

Flying in and out of YUL, my options for a UA metal two class aircraft are rather limited, as RJ's are the de facto aircraft. I was somewhat surprised to be put #1 , then #2 on the waitlist for an IAD-YUL flight on 1/31 that I had just rebooked on 1/30 as part of an IST-YUL itinerary in an effort to avoid weather on my original ORD connection. Three seats in F were up for grabs and I received my upgrade minutes before departure. I've also had good luck flying out of Mexico, even on SDC flights. PSP-SFO also works in my favour.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
2 for 2 so far at T-96, the rest were RJ145s
Air Houston likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I've had my CPU for the 15-min flight between COS and DEN clear once out of four times.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
0% this year for my SFO to ORD legs on Monday and Thursdays
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Only one trip in January, TUS-IAH-SJU-IAH-TUS on a reward ticket. I was upgraded at 96 hours on all but IAH-SJU
Air Houston likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I am 3/3 for 2019: 100% success rate with CPUs.
gsalem94122 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jayzala
Has not that been true for years? atleast for peak hours (Monday AM, Thursday PM)
Santander and Air Houston like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayzala
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Has not that been true for years? atleast for peak hours (Monday AM, Thursday PM)
But still a useful report, I suppose, if the premise of this thread is higher CPU rates (maybe for 1K only) in 2019.

However, given that the qualification year is essentially only two days old now, I think it's premature to draw any conclusions.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
But still a useful report, I suppose, if the premise of this thread is higher CPU rates (maybe for 1K only) in 2019.....
My thinking was even when 1K CPU averages were better -- SFO-ORD Monday AM, Thursday PM was pretty much a poor CPU route, a dead zone, So that wouldnot be where I would expect to see improvements, if they are are occuring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.