Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services (GS) isn't the program it used to be! [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Just found out by accident that my YYC-DEN flight tomorrow is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance. Absolutely no notice from GS. When I called in, no willingness to do anything but to put me on the devils chariot despite a paid FC ticket. What is wrong with UA’s GS service?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Just found out by accident that my YYC-DEN flight tomorrow is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance. Absolutely no notice from GS. When I called in, no willingness to do anything but to put me on the devils chariot despite a paid FC ticket. What is wrong with UA’s GS service?
Are they supposed to sub in a 773 for you?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
With the weather problems in the US, things are bound to be difficult. If you don't want to take the CR2, you have to look for what you really want. Would you like to stay an additional day in YYC and take the same flight with the first class the next day? Or do you really need to fly tomorrow which gives you less choices on the direct route. But maybe you can find a connecting route that would make you happier. Once you decide what you want, call the GS service and suggest to them the solution you would prefer.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
With the weather problems in the US, things are bound to be difficult. If you don't want to take the CR2, you have to look for what you really want. Would you like to stay an additional day in YYC and take the same flight with the first class the next day? Or do you really need to fly tomorrow which gives you less choices on the direct route. But maybe you can find a connecting route that would make you happier. Once you decide what you want, call the GS service and suggest to them the solution you would prefer.
you missed the point. I am sure if they would have called in time or like they used to would have proactively rebooked me I could have gotten a decent seat. They waited too long and processed all the upgrades on the next few flights.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

I’d settle for a E75 or just getting a seat before processing upgrades

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 30, 2019 at 8:22 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Well they got that other guy a fresh 789.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They waited too long and processed all the upgrades on the next few flights.
How on earth could you possibly know that, since they no longer show people who got upgraded prior to check in on the upgrade list?

Anyway, the morning nonstop flight is full in F. There's a seat available on YYC-SFO at 13:52, if you want it.

Considering the cancellation message -- runway conditions -- it's entirely possible that your flight will be magically reinstated after they realize that they cancelled tomorrow's flight while trying to cancel today's. It's happened.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Runway conditions is another lame excuse it was 50F today in YYC. The cold isn’t coming in before Sunday
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Just found out by accident that my YYC-DEN flight tomorrow is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance.
Has nobody noticed what they are calling this once in a generation weather - even the US Postal Service suspended mail service in several states.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Has nobody noticed what they are calling this once in a generation weather - even the US Postal Service suspended mail service in several states.
what weather? Unusually warm in YYC for the season?
gcashin likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G

Perhaps the weather where the plane is coming from isn't so accommodating.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
They have been overwhelmed in the US dealing with the vortex weather and it’s impact across the system - agents I have spoken to have taken extra hours and are pulling 12 hour shifts. I’ll give them a pass on this one.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Should of asked for them to rebook on the AC 50 min flight to YEG then YEG-DEN, FC seats on both UA planes tomorrow at the moment
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat

I think you need to separate the issues out a little more

- I am in YYC at the moment and they have had a very mild winter , everyone is talking about it and the walk home from dinner tonight was almost balmy, It doesn't matter though what it is like where you are it is where your plane is coming from that counts. I once booked a flight to POS thru Miami in Jan to make sure I did not get weather impact, plan when well until I realized the Miami-POS flight was in bound from JFK ... 6 hr snow delay !!
- Given the weather south and east of here, the disruptions to schedules and aircraft positioning is significant and in the circumstances you have to give any airline some slack for that, but at least from the agent response side this has been predicted for a week and UA should have had plans in place to deal with the disruptions and peak rescheduling volumes..
- GA service has gone down hill because it is now 1k and a half , the barriers to entry are too low by at least $30 or $40k spend for it to have anything like a decent exclusive program level of service..
United Global Services status is your passport to dedicated, discreet and exceptional service. It’s our promise to go the extra mile for you, at the airport, in the air and even after you’ve arrived maybe 10/ 12 years ago they were getting close to realizing to this promise but they they have walked backed from it over the last 5 .But that it out of scope of this post and the issues the weather presents, Good luck getting home .I am YYC- Den on Friday (allegedly) if you are still around.
YYCowboy likes this.

Last edited by wanderingkev; Jan 30, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
this should help you... https://www.netjets.com/en-us/
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

This is a very strange comment coming from a seasoned traveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.