Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PrivatePilot
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2019]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hscottm
I was making a test booking, but only got offered regular award miles not PQMs.. do they turn off "PQM purchase" in the last few days of the year?
Yes, but usually not till the 30th?? I believe

However, I still see the Premier accelerator for a purchased itin

Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:17 am

Basic question on buying status via the award accelerator option. I seem to have miscalculated, and am now 1100 miles short of 1K. If i book a short trip like SFO-LAX, they are offering to sell me either 2000 or 4000 award miles, If choose to add the Premier Accelerator option, I will get the same number of PQMs as Award miles, correct?

In that case i would book the trip, only need to buy the 2000 miles with premier accelerator then cancel the flights. Correct?.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RoadWeary
Basic question on buying status via the award accelerator option. I seem to have miscalculated, and am now 1100 miles short of 1K. If i book a short trip like SFO-LAX, they are offering to sell me either 2000 or 4000 award miles, If choose to add the Premier Accelerator option, I will get the same number of PQMs as Award miles, correct?....
Yes, better hurry if you are going to do this -- the year is ending.

What price are the 2000 PQMs?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: United Gold
got sidetracked with other things yesterday and didn't finalize.

is anyone still getting accelerator PQM offers? I am not on any of my test or completed bookings..

not the end of the world, just could hopefully get another 1500 PQM to get +40 PlusPoints (would take me over 200k)
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, better hurry if you are going to do this -- the year is ending.

What price are the 2000 PQMs?
They were $400, plus $50 for the 2000 award miles. Not a great deal, but i was willing to go for this.

Will be glad to be 1K next year..
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Apologies if I missed this up thread, but has there been any word on if it will be possible to purchase PQP next year via the award/premier accelerator functionality - or does this mark the end of being able to purchase status in this manner?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:31 pm

.... is anyone still getting accelerator PQM offers? ...
My offer yesterday on a pre-existing reservations is still there today -- same pricing.

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Apologies if I missed this up thread, but has there been any word on if it will be possible to purchase PQP next year via the award/premier accelerator functionality - or does this mark the end of being able to purchase status in this manner?
No word on that but you can get PQPs with credit card spend and UA has never been known to miss revenue opportunities.
TommyC80 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: United Gold
thanks for the replies all. Just kept trying new reservations and finally got one (2000 PQM + RDM) for $290. a GPU equivalent is worth that to me (esp without having to fly).

Now to see how long they take to post - hopefully by tomorrow so I can cancel this cheap reservation!

Update: Posted within 15 minutes. But my additional 40 PPs havent posted yet..

Last edited by hscottm; Dec 30, 2019 at 5:18 pm
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:28 pm

Now to see how long they take to post - hopefully by tomorrow so I can cancel this cheap reservation!.....
You can safety cancel after making the PQM purchase, no need to wait.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:24 pm

thanks for the replies all. Just kept trying new reservations and finally got one (2000 PQM + RDM) for $290
Mind sharing which route? Which fare classes? (I’m actually not sure if the latter matters...)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:23 pm

The 2019 Accelerator Program has closed and PQMs are not long an elite qualifier metric,
the 2020 Accelerator Program is now available, offering RDMs and PQPs, see
2020 Award Accelerator/Premier Accelerator Rates

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.