Wiki Posts
Search

Options for WAS-ADL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
Yeah, it's rough. IAD-SFO-AKL-ADL is all lie-flat and gets you UA PQD but the timing is terrible. From the way you asked though, I assume that the PQD is not make-or-break.
I would consider especially for real Polaris seats but not operating the days I want to travel
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I would consider especially for real Polaris seats but not operating the days I want to travel
Even if it were, the SFO-AKL-ADL transfer violates MCT so it's actually a 25h+ connect if you want the daily 787 on AKL-ADL.

You should be able to book the very well-timed DCA-IAH-AKL-ADL-AKL-ORD-DCA by calling NZ... can't imagine they're unable to manually construct something with this much of their own metal.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
Connecting over AKL was super easy.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:42 pm

Purchase or miles? If miles, and if you have sufficient AA miles, DFW or LAX on QF or AA to SYD, then QF to ADL. Done it myself a couple of times, pretty easy.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
that's a bummer ... was just going to say. Booked BOS-SFO-AKL-ADL for my wife particularly because SFO-AKL was Polaris. May change ... we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.