Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

777 (all variants) seat map was missing, now back & seat assignments lost!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chavala
Funny the app still shows seat assignments. For those of you who changed their seats from your original (@Findark, @StuckinITH...) -- did it update in the app?
For my ORD-FRA-ORD, the App says 2K and 2K. Originally, I was in 1H and 2K. When everything disappeared and the map came back where I could choose any seat out of 46 (my wife chose her seats before I did....), I decided to try to improve my 1H seat.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The seat assignment is in the app and the email. But you cannot view the seat map anyway that I have found.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
The seat assignment is in the app and the email. But you cannot view the seat map anyway that I have found.

Exactly and the first time the seat maps became unavailable, both the app and website showed my seat assignments. But when the seat map came back online my seat assignment indicated - ie 2C - was available to select. At that point I called GS and the agent rebooked me in 2A. While both app and website show 2a right now I am not convinced I 'hold' this seat.

Time will tell as with many things UA. But hard to know what the technology upgrade over the weekend was. At least we know they are aware of the situation but the transparency is rather opaque!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Funny the app still shows seat assignments. For those of you who changed their seats from your original (@Findark, @StuckinITH...) -- did it update in the app?
Yes. Have two upcoming flights. Seat assignments for both disappeared first time the map disappeared. When it came back early yesterday I was able to reselect seats. Those seats are still showing on both the website and the app for both flights.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes - app and website both show me with my new seat assignment; seatmap is "unavailable".

It now has "Seats" as part of the flight summary table, maybe that was their "new technology"
Silver Fox and chavala like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they just blanked the seat maps to identify who reads flyertalk by looking at who chose a seat on Saturday. I'll just chime in that my reservation shows a seat assignment (that I selected in the brief window that the function was available), but I cannot load the map. I actually cannot access seats for any flight on the reservation.

This seems clearly related to something they're doing with the 772 map, as all points of access for seat maps fail to show anything. However, I can't fathom what that is when the 773 is unaffected.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I checked in for my FRA-SFO flight yesterday and the boarding pass the agent printed was for Seat 48L. My seat assignment 22C disappeared. There was already the plane change from the placeholder Premium Economy seatmap to the 2-class Polaris configuration on Friday when I moved to 22C. I checked the seat assignment again on Saturday and it stuck with 22C.

This seat change also changed my return flight and kicked me out of 1K on a 3-class 777. I was able to get both seat assignments back by calling the 1K desk from Gotenburg, Sweden. The SAS agents asked me if they could have the phone number I used to do that.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I checked in for my FRA-SFO flight yesterday and the boarding pass the agent printed was for Seat 48L. My seat assignment 22C disappeared. There was already the plane change from the placeholder Premium Economy seatmap to the 2-class Polaris configuration on Friday when I moved to 22C. I checked the seat assignment again on Saturday and it stuck with 22C.

This seat change also changed my return flight and kicked me out of 1K on a 3-class 777. I was able to get both seat assignments back by calling the 1K desk from Gotenburg, Sweden. The SAS agents asked me if they could have the phone number I used to do that.
So were/are you stuck in 48L for FRA-SFO? Thanks for relating -- that suggests to me that whatever is displayed as the current assignment doesn't mean anything. Selfishly, I hope they fix it before next week.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:46 pm

Checked my Basic Economy TATL flights and fortunately my E+ seat assignments have not been impacted by this (some segments on 777, others on 75/67)

-James
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat/*G, Marriott LT Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by fumje
I think they just blanked the seat maps to identify who reads flyertalk by looking at who chose a seat on Saturday. I'll just chime in that my reservation shows a seat assignment (that I selected in the brief window that the function was available), but I cannot load the map. I actually cannot access seats for any flight on the reservation.

This seems clearly related to something they're doing with the 772 map, as all points of access for seat maps fail to show anything. However, I can't fathom what that is when the 773 is unaffected.
I just now noticed I have the same problem on an upcoming IAD-MUC trip in two weeks. Reservation still shows the correct unchanged seat assignments I made when I booked last week but I get an error message whenever I try to load the seat map. Same error shows when I tried to look at it via ExpertFlyer. Hope they resolve it soon.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
So were/are you stuck in 48L for FRA-SFO? Thanks for relating -- that suggests to me that whatever is displayed as the current assignment doesn't mean anything. Selfishly, I hope they fix it before next week.
No. I was able to get 22C back by calling the 1K desk. The non-rev who was waitlisted got 48L--the whole row was empty.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
seat map unavailable ORD-HKG flight #895 this Thursday

I'm looking at booking this flight but since yesterday it's said that the seat map is unavailable and that seats will be assigned at check-in.

Anyone have a read on why this would be? I'm extremely reluctant to be on a flight this long in Y if I can't choose my seat in advance.

Thanks!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 28, 2019 at 9:02 pm Reason: moved to consolidated thread
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: MileagePlus AAdvantage Mileage Plan
1pm PST,
still no map for Feb 3 flight SFO-LHR
I saw map change(Friday?) jumped on new seat map and put myself in 20D.
Still shows 20D on outbound and inbound legs.
Lets hope it sticks......
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Thank you! Gosh UA IT, please get this fixed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.