Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Is there a lime shortage again? ("True Lime" alternative)

Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Three flights this week with associated lounge visits. Every single time there has either been no lines for my G&T or I’ve been asked if I want one. This varies from my recent experiences, where it just came with a slice for lime.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
Three flights this week with associated lounge visits. Every single time there has either been no lines for my G&T or I’ve been asked if I want one. This varies from my recent experiences, where it just came with a slice for lime.
Haven’t had a problem getting limes for my G&Ts this month. I often proactively pick up a lime wedge in the UC, especially if I’m on UX.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
My flight last night from DEN-IAH flight attendant said there were no lines catered on the flight.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The while thing just reeks of “cheap”. Don’t G&Ts come with a lime, or in some countries lemon, by definition? Do people actually say “no”?
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Every single time there has either been no lines for my G&T ...
Good, because I simply refuse to wait in line for a G&T!

jtet likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:54 am

Is there a lime shortage again?
No.

Limes have a lower market, moderate demand. Wide range in price, quality and condition
http://www.testaproduce.com/pdf/weekly/1-21-19.pdf
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by threeoh
Thats what I thought. They’re holding at the normal price in Chicago. I wonder if they actually changed the instructions to make people ask for lime.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UA Global Service, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I drink Diet Coke with a Lime, and have been on these routes in January. BOG-IAH-YYZ-SFO-SIN,EWR,TLV and all flights and the Polaris lounges had a Lime everytime. Just another data point.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
My issue is that even when I get a lime (which is not always), it is the tiniest sliver imaginable. You need two or three of these slices to infuse decent lime flavor into a G&T.

Question of the day: How many slices do you think UA cuts a single lime into? I'm guessing closer to 32 than to 16.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
I also had to go limeless earlier this week. I think it was TPA-DEN.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seenitall
My issue is that even when I get a lime (which is not always), it is the tiniest sliver imaginable. You need two or three of these slices to infuse decent lime flavor into a G&T.

Question of the day: How many slices do you think UA cuts a single lime into? I'm guessing closer to 32 than to 16.
Ask for a lime and tonic with a side of gin! And for as many slices of lime as they'll give you!

David
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I have not had a lime for vodka&sodas on my 13 segments last 2 weeks. Was told especially ex-ORD and ex-DEN that no limes were catered. But they did have lime flavored Dasani sparkling.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Tit
Can we take matters into our own hands? Are lime wedges allowed thru by TSA? Do we have to cut them into 3.4 ounce wedges and fit them into a 1 liter bag?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jtet
Can we take matters into our own hands? Are lime wedges allowed thru by TSA? Do we have to cut them into 3.4 ounce wedges and fit them into a 1 liter bag?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mdbe
I have not had a lime for vodka&sodas on my 13 segments last 2 weeks. Was told especially ex-ORD and ex-DEN that no limes were catered. But they did have lime flavored Dasani sparkling.
That solves the lime problem but that introduces a tonic issue. Sparkling water is not a substitute for tonic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.