Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LimeyFlyer
Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion, since I don't remember what PZ does, but I just booked a Europe to U.S. saver economy award for Feb 5, and instantly applied a GPU to get the hallowed 30,000 miles plus GPU for a business class ticket....
GS upgrades book into PN, which is unaffected.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL DM, UA 1K, MR PP
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
A great example is UA924 on Monday Jan 28 from IAD to LHR. It shows PN9, PZ0, IN9. UA reservations on the phone said they "see" PZ9 too and were alarmed to hear web showed PZ0. I tried booking a flight with GPU to clear into business immediately and it showed as "not available."

If this glitch is true, it likely screwed me out of my upgrade this week. Mad.
Would be interesting to hear if an agnet sees PZ9, if they can clear a GPU over the phone. Maybe it's just a search issue similar to how PZ is blocked from Expert Flyer visibility...

Could you imagine if the only way to search PZ was to have phone agents check flight by flight? Hope UA would have plans for a new "upgrade award call center"...
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
LAX-LHR today.

I9, IN9, PZ0

*** UPDATE ****

It's just a .bomb error. Called and was told the flight was PZ9 as well.

So just know, what you see you on the website cannot be trusted.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 24, 2019 at 10:09 pm Reason: merged update / consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
LAX-LHR today.

I9, IN9, PZ0

Maybe it's time to start searching for award tickets..... I can count the number of times I see I9 on one hand.....
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:48 am

So just know, what you see you on the website cannot be trusted.
Not sure if it is just a display error on the web. If it was just a display, one would think I could book and confirm a flight into business with a GPU. But web says "waitlist only."
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Were you able to confirm an upgrade?

Others who called earlier report being told PZ0 and this is what RM says it should be.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
A great example is UA924 on Monday Jan 28 from IAD to LHR. It shows PN9, PZ0, IN9. UA reservations on the phone said they "see" PZ9 too and were alarmed to hear web showed PZ0. I tried booking a flight with GPU to clear into business immediately and it showed as "not available."

If this glitch is true, it likely screwed me out of my upgrade this week. Mad.
Sounds to me like this might be trending toward maybe an Expert Mode issue. Has anyone been able to confirm a GPU into the alleged PZ0?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
Thanks Kacee for starting a new thread of this.

Has anyone read the other thead where BlahMeh14 says :
“I called into United and got information from an agent that didn’t seem correct at all. She said that all PZ space from now on is only going to be released <96 hours in advance, and that the rollout of the new fare class was to facilitate this policy change. I really hope she was misinformed!”

Most poo-pooed this as misinformation, but where would an agent get this sort of info? Yes, I’ve been lied to many times before, but this seems like a very strange comment to just make up out of the blue, doesn’t it?

If it does turn out to be true, for SURE this would be the end for me as I don’t do waitlists. Ever.
They can keep their useless GPUs and I’ll become a kayaker.
I’m the one who wrote that comment in the other thread. I just want to add that my full comment in that thread mentions that I called another agent right after and she didn’t know what this agent was talking about. As is mentioned in this thread, the second agent thought that the first agent was just getting the CPU window confused with confirmed upgrades. So, I’m inclined to think (wishful thinking maybe) that this first agent was just confused.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Would be interested in this too.
Has ANYONE actually been able to confirm an upgrade either through calling in or through the website since this PZ issue emerged?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Well, of course. Who wants to go to Buffalo (even in an upgraded seat)?
I-O-T , you owe me for a key board I laughed so hard I spewed my coffee into it. :-) I know what it is like being born a Clevelander.
chavala and 19taco78 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
Would be interested in this too.
Has ANYONE actually been able to confirm an upgrade either through calling in or through the website since this PZ issue emerged?
Ok, on a whim I went ahead and booked the flights I was looking at where I saw PZ disappear. One was showing, right now, PZ0 I0, the other was showing PZ0 I9. Both of these had PZ9 two days ago. When I was booking over the phone, the agent said she couldn’t see PZ for the first one, but she could see PZ availability for the second one. After it was ticketed, I went online and, through “manage reservations,” was able to upgrade BOTH segments instantly. It seems to be both a .bomb issue and something else since neither Expert mode nor the agent could see that both flights had availability — and the agent and expert mode gave different stories about what was available, neither of which was accurate.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee

Others who called earlier report being told PZ0 and this is what RM says it should be.
I just confirmed upgrade with GPU. Website showed PZ0, agent saw PZ9.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blahmeh14

I’m the one who wrote that comment in the other thread. I just want to add that my full comment in that thread mentions that I called another agent right after and she didn’t know what this agent was talking about. As is mentioned in this thread, the second agent thought that the first agent was just getting the CPU window confused with confirmed upgrades. So, I’m inclined to think (wishful thinking maybe) that this first agent was just confused.
Sorry - didn't mean to misquote you!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by blahmeh14

Ok, on a whim I went ahead and booked the flights I was looking at where I saw PZ disappear. One was showing, right now, PZ0 I0, the other was showing PZ0 I9. Both of these had PZ9 two days ago. When I was booking over the phone, the agent said she couldn’t see PZ for the first one, but she could see PZ availability for the second one. After it was ticketed, I went online and, through “manage reservations,” was able to upgrade BOTH segments instantly. It seems to be both a .bomb issue and something else since neither Expert mode nor the agent could see that both flights had availability — and the agent and expert mode gave different stories about what was available, neither of which was accurate.
Was this a domestic connecting to international trip? Or a roundtrip? Or what?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by txaggiemiles
Was this a domestic connecting to international trip? Or a roundtrip? Or what?
International round trip. SFO-LHR-SFO.
txaggiemiles likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.