Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:21 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Talking

Originally Posted by dparkinson
There’s an IAD-NRT flight in 75 minutes. Booked 27/50 in J. It’s all 9s except PZ0. Riddle me that one.
IT broke it. Perhaps they hired some new folks over from Marriott to help implement PZ.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Yeah - although there is a short term economic argument in favor of this, it would be a pretty devastating downgrade of 1K, and doesn't really make sense to introduce in parallel to all the other qualification changes. I really hope this isn't what happened.
jsloan, narvik and chavala like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bocastephen
This is one of those times we need one of the United Insiders to step in with some sort of update
Agreed.

Could UA Insider say something, please?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by kb1992
Agreed.

Could UA Insider say something, please?
UA basically doesnt use the Insider account here for anything. Its basically been abandoned since Oscar was brought on to run the show outside of a handful of announcements that were late anyways.

Good thing all my major flights that I would applied GPUs on have already been done. They need to fix this stat...otherwise GPUs truly are worthless...
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chavala
Has anyone read the other thead where BlahMeh14 says :
“I called into United and got information from an agent that didn’t seem correct at all. She said that all PZ space from now on is only going to be released <96 hours in advance, and that the rollout of the new fare class was to facilitate this policy change. I really hope she was misinformed!”
Yes, that thread is referenced and linked in the OP

BlahMeh14 mentions that a subsequent agent commented that the first agent seemed confused with the 1K CPU window, which sounds about right to me. In any event, I don't think UA would make such a drastic change without an announcement. The website still contains statements such as:
Global Premier Upgrades are one-way upgrades, confirmable as early as time of ticketing on all United-, United Express- and Copa Airlines-operated flights systemwide.
But I will agree this has me further questioning the value of instruments in general and 1K in particular. If I'm mostly forced to buy premium cabin, a considerably smaller proportion of my spend will be going to UA.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA basically doesn’t use the Insider account here for anything. It’s basically been abandoned since Oscar was brought on to run the show outside of a handful of announcements that were late anyways.
UA Insider disengaged before that. But does still make occasional appearances here, and reportedly still responds to pms.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA Insider disengaged before that. But does still make occasional appearances here, and reportedly still responds to pms.
I can confirm. I once posted about an issue I was having with the United app and I got a PM from UA Insider asking for my MP# and more details so they could research the issue. But it turned out to be "user error" and I let them know. :-)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I can confirm. I once posted about an issue I was having with the United app and I got a PM from UA Insider asking for my MP# and more details so they could research the issue. But it turned out to be "user error" and I let them know. :-)
(Mostly) same here. I had some issue with applying a GPU or something - I can't even remember right now - and posted about it here. I received an unsolicited PM from UA Insider asking for more information so he/she could help. I had already resolved the issue with an agent, but I really appreciated the unexpected outreach.

Back to the topic of the thread, I'm glad that the missing PZ space was noted. I was messing around with some possible reservations a few days ago, but hadn't booked them yet (I was looking for PZ>2, which is tough, I know), and then was surprised today to see all of the PZ space now gone. I hope this is in fact a bug, and is fixed soon!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
For the fun of it, I just tried about 50 Intl random city pairs for Tuesdays and Wednesdays all year to see if I could come up with anything -- nada.

But domestic, yes. e.g. EWR-BUF Feb 12 PZ8 IN8

Last edited by chavala; Jan 24, 2019 at 11:05 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA basically doesnt use the Insider account here for anything. Its basically been abandoned since Oscar was brought on to run the show outside of a handful of announcements that were late anyways.
They dropped in the other day to post the same copypasta a couple duplicate times in the new app thread. It was weird.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, like PZ1 for LAX-SAN on a Saturday morning (9-Feb):

I do have the sense that management for CPU and non-CPU routes operate completely separately, so I am still holding out hope that it's some kind of error or 'down for maintenance/updates' phase.
I searched multiple days of midweek flights SFO-EWR and found literally maybe two flights with PZ>1. So they do exist. But I would add that when I went back within an hour or two to consider purchase they were gone. They showed up just as your demonstration above. I don't think this is a "glitch" sorry to say.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by nomad420
I searched multiple days of midweek flights SFO-EWR and found literally maybe two flights with PZ>1. So they do exist. But I would add that when I went back within an hour or two to consider purchase they were gone. They showed up just as your demonstration above. I don't think this is a "glitch" sorry to say.
PZ definitely does exist on domestic flights -- I found quite a few. This is scary.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chavala
...But domestic, yes. e.g. EWR-BUF Feb 12 PZ8 IN8
Well, of course. Who wants to go to Buffalo (even in an upgraded seat)?
UTex09, nomad420, hokiebuy and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Well, of course. Who wants to go to Buffalo (even in an upgraded seat)?
I purposely put in a few city pairs that I knew were easy UGs to see if there was a difference btwn INTL and domestic availability.
My family lives there -- I don't even want to go in the summer!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion, since I don't remember what PZ does, but I just booked a Europe to U.S. saver economy award for Feb 5, and instantly applied a GPU to get the hallowed 30,000 miles plus GPU for a business class ticket....

Last edited by LimeyFlyer; Jan 24, 2019 at 11:11 am Reason: Add date.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:17 am

A great example is UA924 on Monday Jan 28 from IAD to LHR. It shows PN9, PZ0, IN9. UA reservations on the phone said they "see" PZ9 too and were alarmed to hear web showed PZ0. I tried booking a flight with GPU to clear into business immediately and it showed as "not available."

If this glitch is true, it likely screwed me out of my upgrade this week. Mad.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.