Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Glad to know this is broad issue, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at all TATL routes ex-EWR/IAD/ORD and found nothing.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Glad to know this is broad issue, I spent quite a bit of time last night looking at all TATL routes ex-EWR/IAD/ORD and found nothing.
Glad this thread started, because I was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to book a TATL for later this year and every route I check, I find exactly zero seats with upgrades confirmable at purchase.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Between this and the exclusion of Thai Airways award inventory...a pretty serious kick in the teeth for my travel planning....
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
This is also a concern for me. I was trying to plan out 2019 travel, and this stopped me in my tracks. Chiming in to pile on, in hopes that if enough are noticing, someone with power to act, will do so.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:55 am

I also noticed this - had been only a couple weeks ago seeing tons of availability on various IAD to EU hub routes, and all of a sudden it's basically blanked out to everywhere, even on routes with I9, which makes no sense.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by narvik
You can??
That is a bit disconcerting because it would mean they didn't just [temporarily?] "turn PZ off" completely.
Yes, like PZ1 for LAX-SAN on a Saturday morning (9-Feb):

I do have the sense that management for CPU and non-CPU routes operate completely separately, so I am still holding out hope that it's some kind of error or 'down for maintenance/updates' phase.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:06 am

that ain't right.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:06 am

It may be related to a bug affecting one of my trips. On January 15 I bought a W fare ticket with PZ inventory and used a GPU to upgrade. It upgraded fine but when I look at the reservation in my account it has a big warning that I have a basic economy fare, no changes, no checked luggage, etc. I called United 1K desk and after researching it they said it was a website problem and it would take 48 hours to fix. More than a week later it has not been fixed. Maybe they are working on it now and that is why they zero the PZ fares?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:07 am

Yup, my go to SFO TPE routes almost always have PZs on weekdays are zeroed out.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
Kacee, have you seen PZ space on non-Polaris flights? Curious why Polaris in the title.
Lack of imagination. As in, I didn't imagine it could be 100% systemwide, include CPU eligible.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
This is one of those times we need one of the United Insiders to step in with some sort of update
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks Kacee for starting a new thread of this.

Has anyone read the other thead where BlahMeh14 says :
“I called into United and got information from an agent that didn’t seem correct at all. She said that all PZ space from now on is only going to be released <96 hours in advance, and that the rollout of the new fare class was to facilitate this policy change. I really hope she was misinformed!”

Most poo-pooed this as misinformation, but where would an agent get this sort of info? Yes, I’ve been lied to many times before, but this seems like a very strange comment to just make up out of the blue, doesn’t it?

If it does turn out to be true, for SURE this would be the end for me as I don’t do waitlists. Ever.
They can keep their useless GPUs and I’ll become a kayaker.
AugustW and 19taco78 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chavala
Most poo-pooed this as misinformation, but where would an agent get this sort of info? Yes, I’ve been lied to many times before, but this seems like a very strange comment to just make up out of the blue, doesn’t it?
Sure, it's a strange comment to make up out of the blue, but that doesn't make it accurate.

They wouldn't need a new fare class to stop releasing upgrade space in advance. And if that was the plan, why not introduce it in conjunction with PZ?

I wouldn't put it past UA to make a change like this, and I agree with you; I'm already on the fence about trying to re-qualify with the increased spending requirements, and if they go this route, it becomes a no-brainer. It's just that I don't see the need for the subterfuge; if they wanted to change, they'd just change it, complete with copy from marketing about how this will be good for customers because it will ensure that the upgrades go to members with the highest status.
chavala likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by chavala
Thanks Kacee for starting a new thread of this.

Has anyone read the other thead where BlahMeh14 says :
“I called into United and got information from an agent that didn’t seem correct at all. She said that all PZ space from now on is only going to be released <96 hours in advance, and that the rollout of the new fare class was to facilitate this policy change....
If I were United this is what I would do to monetize the front cabin. You want Polaris you pay more, you do not pay more but later decide to pay a little more you get Polaris but the additional amount does not qualify for PQM, you wait a little longer and then TOD to get Polaris (no PQM), if Polaris is unsold then allow GPUs as no additional revenue available for that flight from pax.

As a pax, do I like it? No, but as others comment elsewhere you want the product then pay the premium for that flight.

Currently a 1K with 4 out of 6 GPUs applied and waiting for PZ.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: CO Platinum/1K, SPG Platinum/Ambassador
There’s an IAD-NRT flight in 75 minutes. Booked 27/50 in J. It’s all 9s except PZ0. Riddle me that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.