Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I appreciate how UA is doing its very best to help me decide early in the year whether 1K is worth $15k.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
I just called in, they are all confused and just said well, guess you have to wait.
I am flying to PVG where there is not one business class seat booked, and I have flown that route and almost always upgraded and never seen business go out full.
this sucks!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Call in and they will clear you. Only solves half the problem of course
The can't clear anyone if PZ=0
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bocastephen
yes true, but you stated that you were seeing I>0. In these instances, you can call in and they will process it (you might need to HUCA a couple of times). The 2nd agent I talked to about this ~24 hours ago could see that PZ>0 when the site & app both were showing PZ=0. Both her and the web services guy I spoke to after said that they would process any upgrades I have as they see the availability. The web services guy was less than interested in actually checking to see what the customer sees, and said to file any issues with /feedback
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I thought the website was wrong and agents were seeing PZ>0
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
yes true, but you stated that you were seeing I>0. In these instances, you can call in and they will process it (you might need to HUCA a couple of times). The 2nd agent I talked to about this ~24 hours ago could see that PZ>0 when the site & app both were showing PZ=0. Both her and the web services guy I spoke to after said that they would process any upgrades I have as they see the availability. The web services guy was less than interested in actually checking to see what the customer sees, and said to file any issues with /feedback
I checked again, and now I=0 and PZ=0, so I don't know what is going on with their systems.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by getagb
I thought the website was wrong and agents were seeing PZ>0
Mixed reports. Possibly that's been variable, too.

I checked again, and now I=0 and PZ=0, so I don't know what is going on with their systems.
It was simpler just to zero I/IN than to fix the problem with PZ.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
That means that it’s likely that there is no PZ availability

Originally Posted by Kacee
It was simpler just to zero I/IN than to fix the problem with PZ.
Lols, wp
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I’m not seeing this on the flights I was looking at prior to Pz=0 take 2. Still seeing as much as pz0 in9 i8.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Yeah I’ve been looking at a bunch of SFO ->HKG flights and I’m seeing PN9 PZ0 I9 on many.

Have yet to find one where PZ>0. Hopefully they can fix it soon.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: United 1K, (1MM), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I spent 45 minutes on the phone with 1K basically because I have a couple of expiring gpu’s. CSR admitted that it was strange but didn’t know what to do to change it. I had my expiring gpu’s extended to April and will keep watching. Hopefully it will resolve like it did previously.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Steve Kirkham
I spent 45 minutes on the phone with 1K basically because I have a couple of expiring gpu’s. CSR admitted that it was strange but didn’t know what to do to change it. I had my expiring gpu’s extended to April and will keep watching. Hopefully it will resolve like it did previously.
Hopefully, for you, by April.
Steve Kirkham likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I'm also seeing this on random domestic flights again after it seemed to be fixed. Have a midcon tomorrow and it shows I=1 but PZ = 0, rather annoying since now the system won't clear my RPU.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
I'm also seeing this on random domestic flights again after it seemed to be fixed. Have a midcon tomorrow and it shows I=1 but PZ = 0, rather annoying since now the system won't clear my RPU.
As other poster have said, please call it in. You may have much more success with a live person.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by ryman554
As other poster have said, please call it in. You may have much more success with a live person.
I have said this for a couple of years now. It seems to me the IT folks do all they can to help achieve job security for the CS phone reps. So many things I used to be able to do online by myself now require a call. Of course this week is not the week you want to call in as CS phone reps are trying to help all the pax with delayed and cancelled flights.

I have six TATL and TPAC flights I am waiting for PZ. March, May, June and July....but I am not going to call in this week. My PZ issue is a first world problem (on a third world computer system).

Seriously, for the IT geeks out there, how hard is it to look at the algorithm and work out the error? PZ is a fairly recent code.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.