Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}

Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm sure it's just coincidence that this was finally fixed the same day that TPG posted about PZ not being visible.

Or maybe it was my email to 1kvoice
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Of more interest to me is my upgrades being assigned dynamically....now wish TPG would write that queue jumping should not occur (but does). I did it once last year but it is time consuming.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Wink

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Of more interest to me is my upgrades being assigned dynamically....now wish TPG would write that queue jumping should not occur (but does). I did it once last year but it is time consuming.
Yeah... just noticed a PZ1 on a flight later this week I had booked from SFO to BOS. I had to call to get the upgrade applied - it did not do it dynamically. I may have "skipped the queue." But that seat is now mine.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gsalem94122
I had to call to get the upgrade applied - it did not do it dynamically.
Nor should anyone have an expectation that it will process dynamically. SHARES lacks that functionality.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There is still a glitch confirmed by an agent just now. I found PZ 6 /7 SFO-SIN r/t.... of course the DFW-SFO not available.
Bought ticket w GPUS applied and waited...refreshed..waited...refreshed. 20 minutes later nothing. Called in and was told it's waitlist only. When I pointed out the TPAC is wide open she as very surprised and couldn't understand why it didn't clear.
Her actual words were "Oh no, not again!" LOL
Had to wait for a supervisor to clear it manually.

Last edited by chavala; Feb 4, 2019 at 12:57 pm Reason: spell
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:10 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm sure it's just coincidence that this was finally fixed the same day that TPG posted about PZ not being visible.

Or maybe it was my email to 1kvoice
As much as I respect your sage UA wisdom and influence, Kacee, I tend to think the credit, if at all, would go to the former and not the latter. 😉 My email to 1K voice was forwarded to MP and then took three days to be addressed by the web team which resulted in a canned reply providing a number for me to call web support. 🤔
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
woo hoo, victory! SFO-LAX RPU segment cleared for September travel
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or it’s coincidental with a UA employee returning from vacation ��
Air Houston likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by rankourabu
woo hoo, victory! SFO-LAX RPU segment cleared for September travel
Congratulations on the amazing feat of clearing an RPU on a flight from SFO.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm still showing J9 PN0 PZ0 IN0 on UA 182 (DEN-FRA) for Jun 8. Perhaps that's because it's a new flight and they are still waiting for government approval of the new route?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
I'm still showing J9 PN0 PZ0 IN0 on UA 182 (DEN-FRA) for Jun 8. Perhaps that's because it's a new flight and they are still waiting for government approval of the new route?
No, that's just business as usual. Confirmable upgrade space is rare; on a weekend, especially so. UA's going to try to sell the seats.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Nor should anyone have an expectation that it will process dynamically. SHARES lacks that functionality.
So United should be honest that time of booking is irrelevant for the processing the upgraded. S/He who calls first gets the upgrade.

I mean I get it, and have used it once myself (last year) but what a waste of time needing to watch. I am one of those that just gives up and hope no one from FT books an upgradeable fare on the same flights as me.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by chavala
There is still a glitch confirmed by an agent just now. I found PZ 6 /7 SFO-SIN r/t.... of course the DFW-SFO not available.
Bought ticket w GPUS applied and waited...refreshed..waited...refreshed. 20 minutes later nothing. Called in and was told it's waitlist only. When I pointed out the TPAC is wide open she as very surprised and couldn't understand why it didn't clear.
Her actual words were "Oh no, not again!" LOL
Had to wait for a supervisor to clear it manually.
Another possible glitch. Below is what is listed on a flight I wanted to reserve. I'm a GS and asked to convert a T seat to XN. No problem. Then I asked to apply a GPU to upgrade to business class. I can do that based on the PN4. The agent said her screen doesn't show any PN space for the flight. I told her the United website shows PN4 and she said all she sees is PN0. Not much I can do at that point but hope the IT department gets things sorted out.
  1. Available fare classes:
  2. J6
  3. JN6
  4. C6
  5. D6
  6. Z6
  7. ZN6
  8. P4
  9. PN4
  10. PZ0
  11. IN0
  12. I0
  13. Y9
  14. YN9
  15. B9
  16. M9
  17. E9
  18. U9
  19. H9
  20. HN9
  21. Q9
  22. V9
  23. W9
  24. S9
  25. T9
  26. L9
  27. K9
  28. G0
  29. N0
  30. XN0
  31. X0
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rock214
I told her the United website shows PN4 and she said all she sees is PN0. Not much I can do at that point but hope the IT department gets things sorted out.
What happens if you try to apply the certificate online?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:34 am

I don’t believe I can. To upgrade XN to PN with a GPU requires an agent. It is a TATL flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.