Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PZ not strictly greater than IN/I?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Not that we can necessarily trust the phone agents but did he/she give any indication as to why? I too noticed a route I frequently fly and need to book a flight for next week is showing numerous flights I=1/2/3 and PZ=0. Seems like something is indeed messed up, considering these flights were the opposite a few days ago, unless this is indication of some sort of bigger change.
She didn’t give a reason. All she said was that the “back office” confirmed that there was no error, and because of this there was nothing she could do for me in terms of forcing open PZ space for me to use a certificate.

She also hadn’t heard anything about what the first agent told me, but noted that it sounded very similar to the CPU 96 hour policy for 1Ks, so she might have just been confused.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by blahmeh14
I noticed the same thing as well today. Happened sometime after 5AM PST and before 12PM PST, so it wasn’t during the usual midnight CST daily refresh. One flight went from PZ7 I0 to PZ0 I0. Another flight went from PZ9 I9 to PZ0 I9. I’m hoping that the inventory comes back because I have to book my flights by tomorrow. AA will get my business if this hasn’t resolved by then...
IME AA does the same thing to an even greater extent. I’ve seen C<U (equivalent to UA PZ<I) a lot (although most of the time they’re both zero).

Meanwhile, I’ve never personally seen or heard of PZ<I on UA before now.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Does anyone currently see any PZ on any Polaris route? I see nothing, even on "gimmes" like July 4 TPACs to ICN, NRT, KIX.

Phone agent comments are worthless in this context.
lots of PZs on weekday SFO TPE flights with Polaris 773s. Then again it was like this last year as well.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Meanwhile, I’ve never personally seen or heard of PZ<I on UA before now.
Originally Posted by myperks
lots of PZs on weekday SFO TPE flights with Polaris 773s. Then again it was like this last year as well.
For those who missed the other thread, this was an IT error. The website was showing all PZ inventory zeroed out for a day or so. It's now been fixed.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:18 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Many of these recent sights of PZ<I are probably related to the PZ reported in Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Seeing this issue come up again. An example on Thursday 10/28:

Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dkc192
Seeing this issue come up again.
Saw the same thing on some October flights, including a PTS flight that was PZ0 IN8.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 2:03 am

I've also seen some flights where UA.com was showing PZ>0, IN=0, and I>0 (and I<=PZ), e.g., PZ2 IN0 I1. But when I go to book an award, that I space doesn't actually show as bookable. I've only seen this on close-in flights (departing within the next 1-2 days), but it's possible that it applies to other flights further out as well.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've also seen some flights where UA.com was showing PZ>0, IN=0, and I>0 (and I<=PZ), e.g., PZ2 IN0 I1. But when I go to book an award, that I space doesn't actually show as bookable. I've only seen this on close-in flights (departing within the next 1-2 days), but it's possible that it applies to other flights further out as well.
I saw this too, a day or so ago, exactly like that PZ2IN0I1 or like PZ5IN0I1, PZ6IN0I2, PZ9IN0I5. However, I did not think to check if an award could be booked. Did you search for awards with an account that can access IN? I wonder if a non-elite (no access to IN) would have been able to book.

Today I cannot find any examples.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
I saw this too, a day or so ago, exactly like that PZ2IN0I1 or like PZ5IN0I1, PZ6IN0I2, PZ9IN0I5. However, I did not think to check if an award could be booked. Did you search for awards with an account that can access IN? I wonder if a non-elite (no access to IN) would have been able to book.

Today I cannot find any examples.
Yeah, I was searching when logged in to my account, which has access to IN. I know UA.com would default to booking IN or XN even when I or X are available respectively, but I didn't know that it would only *search* for the IN or XN, instead of searching for IN + I or XN + X, to account for rare instances (hopefully glitches) like this.

Originally Posted by econ
Saw the same thing on some October flights, including a PTS flight that was PZ0 IN8.
In those cases, did/does PN = IN? Most of my examples had something like PN4 PZ2 IN4 or PN1 PZ0 IN1. I've yet to see PN8 PZ0 IN8. 8 seems like a relatively large difference between PN and PZ to begin with...
Old Sep 12, 2021, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I was searching when logged in to my account, which has access to IN. I know UA.com would default to booking IN or XN even when I or X are available respectively, but I didn't know that it would only *search* for the IN or XN, instead of searching for IN + I or XN + X, to account for rare instances (hopefully glitches) like this.

In those cases, did/does PN = IN? Most of my examples had something like PN4 PZ2 IN4 or PN1 PZ0 IN1. I've yet to see PN8 PZ0 IN8. 8 seems like a relatively large difference between PN and PZ to begin with...
Although it always tickets to I, I'm not sure whether a search from an account with access to IN returns only IN or if it will return I. This would be a good test case, even if it is almost certainly a bug, and a way to check if it is probably a display error only or a real inventory problem.

In the examples I saw PN was always (strictly) greater than PZ, and PZ greater than I (and IN0 of course).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:04 pm

Yes, it was PN8 PZ0 IN8.

And it’s not at all uncommon to see PN9 PZ0.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:18 pm

In cases where PN>0, PZ=0, IN>0, has anyone had luck calling in and getting them to open PZ, based on a "I can book an award ticket but cannot use an upgrade instrument" reasoning or something similar?
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
In cases where PN>0, PZ=0, IN>0, has anyone had luck calling in and getting them to open PZ, based on a "I can book an award ticket but cannot use an upgrade instrument" reasoning or something similar?
The reverse never worked.
Front line agents (non-GS) don't get to make that kind of choice.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 P9 PN9 PZ0 IN9 I0
This is what an EWR-BRU flight looks like for a Jan flight. I thought IN wouldn't open before PZ but I am wrong apparently. Is PZ probably to open here soon given these stats? Trying to throw PlusPoints at a family member's reservation but I don't have PN resources unfortunately. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.