Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Boston Winter Weather (January 23, 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • Boston, MA (BOS)​
Rebook by January 26, 2019.

Waiver (normal folks): https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx#ExceptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code: 1+

David

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Why a waiver for 56 degrees and rain.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Seems like they may have gotten some feedback from UA staff at BOS that "there should have been a waiver today"? Most flights ex-BOS to hubs (IAD/IAH/EWR) on Jan 22 were 2-6+ hours delayed due to wx-related issues and crew scheduling issues associated with wx.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
BOS was chaos today and yesterday. Snow and freezing rain fell on Sunday, and the airport wasn't able to clear the runways before temperatures fell super low. The ramp is covered in ice, with only 2 runways operational as of this morning. The ground delay program was upto 6 hours this morning, and I was lucky to be one one of the only BOS-YYZs that wasn't cancelled.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
The FAA is saying BOS has runway light issues tonight (as in the lights aren't on at the homestead). This is gonna cause a lot of issues today and cascade them into tomorrow so United issues a waiver to allow people to change their flights for free and prevent bottlenecks at the airport/gates/terminal. Smart move IMO.

-RM
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
It was chaos yesterday into BOS as well. My 11 yr old daughter and I had the "pleasure" of 9 hr delay on our EWR-BOS leg yesterday. WX related for sure, but UA could have handled it a whole lot better than they did in my opinion.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
It was chaos yesterday into BOS as well. My 11 yr old daughter and I had the "pleasure" of 9 hr delay on our EWR-BOS leg yesterday. WX related for sure, but UA could have handled it a whole lot better than they did in my opinion.
After my rolling 1.5 -> 2.5 -> 4.5 hour delay, my SFO to BOS leg was cancelled. United could have easily cancelled it earlier, providing me more options than cancelling my trip. And me getting myself back home. They dropped the ball again in my opinion.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Why a waiver for 56 degrees and rain.
Now you know ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.