Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

“We would appreciate your feedback...”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS

Every time I call United (1K line last year, GS line this year), I get asked to take this survey before I can speak with someone. I finally took the survey in hopes it would make them stop asking me... to no avail. Does anyone have a similar experience? Any tips on how to make them not ask me to take the survey every time I call? I hate that I have to hit a button to talk to someone because of this each and every time (<— yep, I’m crazy / OCD, confession).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I think it's the default prompt. You can press '2' before the prompt finishes to speed it up, but I also would prefer not to get it every time.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
No way that I can tell to make it stop. I just press 2 as soon as I hear the recording start. Whats more annoying to me than this is the shilling of Hertz rental cars and hotels. I can't imagine the conversion rate on making these offers to GS members is above zero.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Yeah I hit “2” by default to skip it every time... it’s just annoying to have to do that given I call a fair amount. In the scheme of things, it’s no biggie and I’m a lucky guy

If anyone figures out how to make it stop though... I’ll write you a haiku, or something lovely like that!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I agree it's a stupid prompt (if anything, they should ask after the call) but you don't have to hit any buttons. Just stay on the line and it will connect you.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
I agree it's a stupid prompt (if anything, they should ask after the call) but you don't have to hit any buttons. Just stay on the line and it will connect you.
This way, the customer service will improve greatly. Sometimes, an agent held my call for 20-30 min with a simple request. I just turned on speaker and did what I had to do while both the agent and I were not talking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.