Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus

Is it just me or has all of Singapore availability for all routes (not just suites), disappeared from UA's online award tool? Seemed to be working fine a day or two ago...
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by becharted
Is it just me or has all of Singapore availability for all routes (not just suites), disappeared from UA's online award tool? Seemed to be working fine a day or two ago...
SQ is in the process of changing its own award charts, effective Jan. 24th. This may have something to do with the pulling of award space from UA.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetAway
SQ is in the process of changing its own award charts, effective Jan. 24th. This may have something to do with the pulling of award space from UA.
thats a good point but I’d be surprised if they pulled all inventory for the entire calendar year 2 weeks before. Their partner availability won’t be changing as part of it. Selfishly I need to see if availability is there on UA otherwise book through SQ prior to the new prices going into effect on the 24th lol.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is it just me or has all of Singapore availability for all routes (not just suites), disappeared from UA's online award tool?
Agree, it's been pulled.

Still showing on NH.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Let’s hope this is a temporary glitch.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Club Carlson GLD, IHG Spire, Lifemiles GLD, Hilton Gold
No Mileageplus availability on SQ metal right now

At the moment, there does not appear to be ANY award space available on SQ metal. Over the past few days there has been plenty, but right now I can't find a single seat on any flight.

I was trying to book from MXP or FCO to AKL on SQ, up until a day or so ago, there was plenty. Failing there, I looked at a myriad of other options and find nothing on SQ metal.

I called United and was told that SQ has pulled all space and it it not possible to book anything on SQ metal. She didn't know when or if this would change.

Does anyone know anything more?

Also, TAP Portugal AWARD flights aren't showing up on ua.com. There is plenty of space, but apparently you have to call to book.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
All UA award space for TG & SQ gone??

Originally Posted by zgringo14
I called United and was told that SQ has pulled all space
Who knows what the truth is. Phone agents are typically not reliable sources of this kind of information.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Agree, it's been pulled.

Still showing on NH.
I must be crazy but looks like the entire calendar has been zero’d out between Singapore and Auckland, all carriers and classes.

EDIT: see some on Air NZ in April but that’s about it. Checked a few other routes and seems like Thai availability is disappearing now as well? Other *A partners who operate other routes are unaffected but most of the availability infra-Asia and to Oceania is gone since that’s primarily SQ/TG.

Last edited by becharted; Jan 15, 2019 at 11:04 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 pm

Checked a few other routes and seems like Thai availability is disappearing now as well?
You're right, TG has been pulled as well.

What the heck?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:20 am

Well, now I'm a little worried. Maybe "something" is up with UA and not SQ, TG, etc.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Well, now I'm a little worried. Maybe "something" is up with UA and not SQ, TG, etc.
It's definitely UA specific. The space is available on *A partners.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's definitely UA specific. The space is available on *A partners.
My guess is that their contracts expired. I remember it happening before; it got cleared up after a couple of weeks, IIRC.

While *A has a multilateral inventory agreement for awards, the redemption rates are all negotiated bilaterally.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
You're right, TG has been pulled as well.
OMG, I see that too! What gives? I need to book TG.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by seanp7
Try searching NH or AP then call to book? Good luck!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seanp7
Try searching NH or AP then call to book? Good luck!
Let me know if that works for you. I tried to call them yesterday to book something on SQ and was told there was no availability even though I could see it on Expertflyer and NH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.