Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
No. IME NH almost never releases space to partners on BKK-NRT.

"Almost Never".... Really??? I book my flights to the US from BKK 90% on NH, using UA miles. They release seats well in advanced, but once they're gone, they just don't release more (unless there's a cancelation). I'm not sure what "partners" you are referring to?

Yes, thanks. The ticket is not for me, and NH is very restrictive on third party bookings. (And even if it were possible, the Amex transfer takes several days; AP is instant.)
For me, it takes two days to transfer AMEX points to NH. I always book my flights well ahead so two day's wait is okay.

As for booking awards - I would NEVER fly Chinese Carriers transiting through PVG/PEK or any other cities. Too many horror stories.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kittiyut
"Almost Never".... Really??? I book my flights to the US from BKK 90% on NH, using UA miles. They release seats well in advanced, but once they're gone, they just don't release more (unless there's a cancelation). I'm not sure what "partners" you are referring to?
I think your bold key get stuck

I'm referring to booking NH flights through a *A partner, such as UA (or right now, AP, SQ, or AV). I follow these routes pretty closely, and it's rare to see NH J awards BKK-NRT available through UA. In fact, I've never been able to book NH on miles for that route (either direction). Most of my trips are booked within 8-12 weeks of departure, so maybe that explains the difference in our perspectives.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K

I'm referring to booking NH flights through a *A partner, such as UA (or right now, AP, SQ, or AV). I follow these routes pretty closely, and it's rare to see NH J awards BKK-NRT available through UA. In fact, I've never been able to book NH on miles for that route (either direction). Most of my trips are booked within 8-12 weeks of departure, so maybe that explains the difference in our perspectives.
Plenty of TG availability - F and J - from BKK-NRT and back.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by IAH2MEL
Indeed, but not using UA miles at the present time due to this issue that they are in no hurry to fix.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH2MEL
Um, did you read any of this thread?
IAH2MEL likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador

Not stuck, just wanted to highlight my reply (not shouting - that would be all CAPS). Apologies if it came across as shouting.

That's what I thought - book through UA, etc.
I always book through UA, only recently that I used NH miles to upgrade I->O - wait-listed (gave up on using GPU) but it cleared two weeks before the flight. I'm loving this! If I can't use GPU, then there's miles - and can be wait-listed! Now all my ticket purchase are on Amex Plat (as opposed to Chase Sapphire) for 5X points....

Most of my redemption trips are booked well ahead, almost a year out - perhaps that's why I almost always get the flights I want. Having flexibility on the actual travel dates also helps. For 8-12 weeks out, you'd be left with TG and/or economy only - as you already know
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
TG flights are now appearing on MileagePlus but only on some routes but not others. I was able to book BKK to Taipei, but not BKK to DEL even though other Star websites show availability.
Franky16 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rodjune
Another data point: I was able to change an award ticket last night UA on-line that was originally SYD-SIN-BKK-PVG on SQ/TG to a new routing SYD-BKK-SIN-HKG on TG/SQ. All cabin classes were available.
Be careful.. the united.com website has been showing TG award space for tickets booked prior to the meltdown, but there's no guarantee that the availability is there.
I got screwed over this morning when I tried to change my flight, United.com offered up 2 TG segments (LHR-BKK, BKK-HKT) but only the HKT segment showed as confirmed afterwards. The TG long-haul was waitlisted despite united.com letting me make the award change.
Considering how the flight is tomorrow, I had no other option but find a routing that did not involve TG.. thankfully, the 1K desk found something that works, but it took an hour.
The agent said that they were not allowed to ticket anything with TG/TP/SQ awards, so it may be a combination of restrictions in place to guard against the waitlist situation from happening.

This is such a mess and I expect United to be a lot more proactive, esp if their website is promising availability (even all the way through ticketing) but you end up with nothing real.
FlyingNone likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Um, did you read any of this thread?
Apologies - I have been trying to burn LifeMiles lately, which has shown the availability.
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:09 pm

Thai award availability

I am not able to find Thai award availability on united.com when I use to find lots of it. Does anyone know of a change?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 16, 2019 at 10:00 pm Reason: merged to existing thread
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
this is on top of the webpage when searching for an award:

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 16, 2019 at 10:03 pm Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Here, I fixed that for ya...

Last edited by nwflyboy; Feb 17, 2019 at 10:33 am
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA: GS, MM; Marriott: PP
Love nwflyboy's post - lol
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
I don't have a twitter account, but has anyone tried that route yet and calling them out there?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
How many refresh this post several times a day hoping for someone to post

IT's FIXED

Only to realize this is UA IT and we really don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon

also - added a tweet:

got a reply LOL:

Maybe tweet links don't show - but twitter is Hipplewm
Kannai likes this.

Last edited by Hipplewm; Feb 18, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.