Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
So is SQ and TG blocked out even when phoning it in? Even in Y? Even on routes UA and NH don’t offer? That would be horrible if true and it lasts for a while.
UA is blocking all TG and SQ award space. Don't know how to say that more clearly.
goodeats21 and Repooc17 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I know SQ has had issues historically, but I got loads of usage flying TG J this year. Generally solid hard product and food / soft product that is way ahead of UA. Really enjoyed flying their A359s in particular. BKK is a great airport to transit at, IMO. I hope this gets fixed...although knowing UA and how long it took them to fix expert mode when they managed to screw that up, I’m not keeping my hopes up...
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Follow up on the booking. I called United.com support and was able to book Thai airways and Eva airways tickets. When I called United reservations they could did not want to do it but .com support person was more helpful.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hyho61
Follow up on the booking. I called United.com support and was able to book Thai airways and Eva airways tickets. When I called United reservations they could did not want to do it but .com support person was more helpful.
You were able to book a Thai Airways award flight today?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Yep, I believe I saw TG availability PEK-BKK-AKL just last week....now gone.
Not nice.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:45 am

I contacted United Airlines in Germany on that issue an that´s their response in german language:

"Sehr geehrter Herr ....,
Thai scheint zur Zeit technische Probleme zu haben, uns deren Plaetze zur Verfuegung zu stellen. Leider koennen wir Ihnen nicht sagen, wann das System wieder laeuft, allerdings duerfte es nicht allzulange dauern.
Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Geduld.
Beste Gruesse,

Ihr United Airlines Team"

That means:
"Dear Mr....,
Thai seems to have technical problems at the moment to offer us reward space availability. Unfortunately we don´t know when the system will run again, but it should not take to much time.
We thank your for your patience.
Best regards,
Your United Airlines Team"
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:00 am

Wow, I am late to this thread. I always redeem miles out of Tokyo with SQ,TG or BR. It's the only way to get to the Maldives. This creates a major headache for me. Hope it works out and thanks
everyone for contributing. Will watch this closely.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes by calling United.com support for Thai airways. However I am going to call Thai to ensure that they have it in their system and also for seat assignment.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by wienerwinner
I contacted United Airlines in Germany on that issue an that´s their response in german language:

"Sehr geehrter Herr ....,
Thai scheint zur Zeit technische Probleme zu haben, uns deren Plaetze zur Verfuegung zu stellen. Leider koennen wir Ihnen nicht sagen, wann das System wieder laeuft, allerdings duerfte es nicht allzulange dauern.
Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Geduld.
Beste Gruesse,

Ihr United Airlines Team"
Are they typing on a US keyboard layout
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by hyho61
Yes by calling United.com support for Thai airways. However I am going to call Thai to ensure that they have it in their system and also for seat assignment.
Interesting. I just called the 1K desk to have them search, and they have a note that Thai Airways is unavailable for booking, and claim it is a problem with TGs technology that TG is working to resolve. No time frame for resolution.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:36 am

I have had the same issue with United miles and Air Canada. Have twice booked YEG to DXB and twice United has put the miles back in our accounts. I received both UA and AC PNRs, but it won’t ticket. After the first one was hung up for three days, I called United. They said that the first segment was no longer on the AC schedule. I called them on it, saying that it was for sale on both AC website and UA website. Then they told me that AC would not confirm the space to them. I called AC and they said that the space was confirmed back to UA, they were just waiting to be paid for it. Before I had a chance to contact UA again, they had cancelled the reservations without telling us.
Have just now booked the same one, but with a different first segment and it looks like exactly the same thing has happened. All of these flights are available on all partner websites, including Aeroplan and ANA. Not sure what UA is playing at, but this is not a technical glitch, or at least not one that they are willing to make good on. They certainly appear to be blocking space on other airlines and it is not just Singapore, Thai and TAP
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I just called the 1K desk to have them search, and they have a note that Thai Airways is unavailable for booking, and claim it is a problem with TGs technology that TG is working to resolve.
Nonsense. None of TG, SQ, or TP's other partners have this problem.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Nonsense. None of TG, SQ, or TP's other partners have this problem.
Agree...just reporting what I was told by United.

I was finally able to find and book and have ticket a sub-optimum itinerary (in all respects) that contain Asiana and United segments.
Good to have something booked to ensure I get (close to) home, but really hope both this award issue and the PZ space issue gets cleared up quickly so I can find a more suitable itinerary...

Would actually prefer a revenue ticket for this trip, but not going to play upgrade roulette.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Curious if this has anything to do with some freaky MS availability.
A month ago while planning a trip, I could get every MS domestic flight as a saver award (CAI-LXR, ASW-CAI...). It was wide open. Even available was FRA -LXR with an o/n in CAI which I planned to book.
While deciding which days, it all suddenly disappeared -- ALL of it, everyday, all year. As if UA no longer offers MS awards.
So I'm curious if this is not just TG and SQ?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:47 am

Agree...just reporting what I was told by United.
Sorry my comment was directed solely at UA, not you
I was finally able to find and book and have ticket a sub-optimum itinerary (in all respects) that contain Asiana and United segments.
maybe BR will open space closer in.
Good to have something booked to ensure I get (close to) home, but really hope both this award issue and the PZ space issue gets cleared up quickly so I can find a more suitable itinerary...
The double whammy is brutal. I foresee more revenue CX tix in my future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.