Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
Were working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:36 am

Slightly off topic... but Does anyone know how far ahead partners like NH (ANA) allowed tickets on miles to be booked.

I'm looking at a domestic flight between Tokyo and Osaka. There are 20+ options on all dates up to the 14th of December but then there is just nothing after that.

I'm hoping for the 16th of December but am concerned that nothing will become available and happy to go the 14th if that's all I can get.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by henrus
Slightly off topic... but Does anyone know how far ahead partners like NH (ANA) allowed tickets on miles to be booked.

I'm looking at a domestic flight between Tokyo and Osaka. There are 20+ options on all dates up to the 14th of December but then there is just nothing after that.
award tickets for wholly intra-Japan award travel on ANA cannot be booked until 2 months prior to the start of their seasonal schedule. Tickets for winter travel from November through March can be booked on or after the preceding September 1st. Tickets for summer travel from April through October can be booked on or after the preceding February 1st. Travel must be completed within 1 year from the date of ticket-issuance.
Fly With ANA
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep I saw that... doesn't make sense though when it's currently up to the 14th of December.

If that page was correct then it would only display up until March 2019 but instead, it's displaying the entire year up until 14 December.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by henrus
Yep I saw that... doesn't make sense though when it's currently up to the 14th of December.

If that page was correct then it would only display up until March 2019 but instead, it's displaying the entire year up until 14 December.
Are you booking a connecting itinerary? That's not subject to the 60 day rule.

If you're only seeing to December 14, good chance there's a blackout starting December 15.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:34 am

Are you booking a connecting itinerary? That's not subject to the 60 day rule.

If you're only seeing to December 14, good chance there's a blackout starting December 15.
Doesn't appear to be... https://www.ana.co.jp/en/au/amc/refe...usage.html#a09

I can't find any other ANA black date references online and it seems very odd as 15 December isn't listed anywhere as a blackout, seasonal or restricted.

The flight is just a single domestic Osaka (KIX) - Okinawa Naha (OKA).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Ended up talking to Web Support about a different issue, so I asked about TG award problem. Agent claimed he was not aware of any issues, but will report it.

Aware that agent info is hit / miss...and mostly miss...but providing the data point.

Tough to get out of BKK with miles when TG is not an option....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
According to a snippet at the bottom of Matthew/Live and Let's Fly's post about UA179, seems like UA is blocking BR and TP awards in addition to SQ and TG.

He says a full post about that is coming, but in the meantime, anyone have experience trying to book BR or TP awards?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I booked awards that included TG about 2 weeks ago, and BR a few days ago.....
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
According to a snippet at the bottom of Matthew/Live and Let's Fly's post about UA179, seems like UA is blocking BR and TP awards in addition to SQ and TG.

He says a full post about that is coming, but in the meantime, anyone have experience trying to book BR or TP awards?
I thought I posted this, but in December I spent an hour with a UA MP supervisor trying to ticket TP awards which appeared on the site. It couldn't be done and I was told the problem would be reported and probably fixed within 2 weeks. This was around the time TP changed their website from the Victoria site. Later UA removed all TP awards from their site, even if the award showed up on EF, Aeroplan and Lifemiles. This week I saw the same award on EF and other sites, but it's still hidden at UA.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Tried to book Thai airways from MAA to Taipei via BKK and is not showing up on UA (it was available last week). The United agent could see seats available on the sectors but told me that they cannot book it now. Dont know what is happening.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192

My story will appear tomorrow, but UA is not being clear about why the space is being blocked and refuses to provide a timeframe for a solution and restoration of space.

BR is not on the list. Just TP, SQ, and TG.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
UA is not being clear about why the space is being blocked and refuses to provide a timeframe for a solution and restoration of space.
That's not encouraging. Intra-Asia is where I burn most of my UA miles these days.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
BR is not on the list. Just TP, SQ, and TG.
Yes, I've seen BR availability. Less than there used to be, but it's there.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:11 pm

This maybe apple and oranges, but my brother in law was one of the heads at United Corporate IT. With the merger, him and his team proposed designing a totally new reservation system as the current system could not handle the increase demand with the merger. UA said No, just fix the current system to work. They said this wouldn’t work and UA held firm. So he and others, who knew better left UA. Ever since then, with all the reservation outages and problems, I remember what happen to him. Don’t worry, he landed on his feet working for a new company, flying on their private jet and has 12 new patents!

Last edited by northsideguy; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:11 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
That's not encouraging. Intra-Asia is where I burn most of my UA miles these days.

Yes, I've seen BR availability. Less than there used to be, but it's there.
Yeah very troubling indeed. I burn most of my partner's miles on flights originating BKK going to Europe and USA - fortunately I book flights well ahead so I'm covered for a bit (until November) but changes are a given and new flight in between are needed

BR flights generally pops up 1 week out so they are not good for long term planning. I remember when they first joined *A there was tons of availability - just like TG.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
So is SQ and TG blocked out even when phoning it in? Even in Y? Even on routes UA and NH dont offer? That would be horrible if true and it lasts for a while.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.