Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
Sure, UA doesn't appear to be prioritizing a fix, and I wish they would.
<snip>
Simple IT incompetence will do.

Aye!

"We’re working on making these awards available,..."

I don't proclaim to know everything about IT, but something tells me NO. ONE. AT. ALL. at United IT is actually working on this right now.
This is more like item #356 on the schedule of issues to address. I doubt it even comes up at their Monday morning staff meetings.
nwflyboy and Kannai like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Aye!

"We’re working on making these awards available,..."

I don't proclaim to know everything about IT, but something tells me NO. ONE. AT. ALL. at United IT is actually working on this right now.
This is more like item #356 on the schedule of issues to address. I doubt it even comes up at their Monday morning staff meetings.
Really. We all need to start writing in and complaining. A LOT.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by Agosti
Seems NH spaces are also gone. I have been looking at FUK-NRT (JP domestic) in the past few days and today all of a sudden all dates of this route became unavailable on UA. There is availability on both NH and AV. Also tested IAH-NRT, same results.
Awww crap. Just checked a month of flights from NRT and HND to FUK and OKA and nada. Japanese domestic flights are my main redemption.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:22 pm

Less than 20hours ago (as of this post) I booked two NH domestic flights. There were still a lot of other award seats available after the booking (other flights of the day). Now everything is gone.
If the system shows seats for purchase with money. How difficult it is to show seats for purchase with miles ?
nwflyboy and Kannai like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by BrianUA800
Less than 20hours ago (as of this post) I booked two NH domestic flights. There were still a lot of other award seats available after the booking (other flights of the day). Now everything is gone.
If the system shows seats for purchase with money. How difficult it is to show seats for purchase with miles ?
I wanted to show my sympathy and agreement of this post but just couldn't get myself to click any button that said "Like".
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by narvik

United IT probably isn't involved with this - it is probably the revenue mgmt team.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yup, seems like the website is not showing NH space.
Wow you are right. NH flights I booked last week, which still show available on AP, are no longer available on united.com.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this really does not look good.
nwflyboy and narvik like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this really does not look good.
With the speed of reduction in award availability currently going on, maybe the only thing left we can redeem miles for with United will be HDMI cables for 122,000 Award Miles.
nwflyboy, Kannai and mrt88 like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
United IT probably isn't involved with this - it is probably the revenue mgmt team.
Definitely not RM, who only control inventory on UA flights. I'd say it's a combination of IT team and *A liaison/interface team (made this name up, but broadly speaking I'm referring to the folks who serve as point of contact for alliance issues).
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I have gone outside UA for recent awards - Alaska Mileage Plan has had good availability on premium seats US <-> Asia via CX and JL. VS redemption on Delta long haul - fixed vs. dynamic.

Time to diversify even further now.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Definitely not RM...
I read the HNLbasedFlyer comment to be a quite amusingly facetious/sarcastic one, not factual. Might be wrong though...what do I know...
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
I've been looking for NH ex-HNL and nothing shows. I've also looked intra-Japan, and no non-stops show. Only ANA Wings that require a stop along the way.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by 747FC
I've been looking for NH ex-HNL and nothing shows. I've also looked intra-Japan, and no non-stops show. Only ANA Wings that require a stop along the way.
Don't worry - I'm sure they're "working on it".
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
.... Surely UA will have this fixed by then.
I don't see anything to support this level of optimism.

Perhaps UA is planning to depart the Star Alliance ....... they certainly aren't embracing the philosophy of it.
nwflyboy and narvik like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Same Deal With NH Space

So the day that NH space disappeared from the website, J inventory showed on Aeroplan for an NH flight I had booked in Y. Called UA. Agent could not see the space either. She called help desk. They were able to ticket it. So it's basically the same deal as TG, SQ, and TP. UA can access the inventory, they are just choosing not to display it on the website.
wheresmybagba and 747FC like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.