Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by riteshshah
Has as anyone had success ringing UA with specific TG flight and getting them to manually build itinerary? As a 1k is it best to speak to a dedicated 1k agent about this?
Sorry to break it to you, but there are no more dedicated 1K agents. When they answer the phone, they read a different script depending on which status you have. That's about it when it comes to dedication.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Award travel on Singapore, TAP and THAI temporarily unavailable

Does anybody have any insights into this? Is it an IT glitch, a contract dispute? How long is temporarily?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 10, 2019 at 1:24 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
United says it's an issue with those partners specifically. Sounds like a huge devaluation to me.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 10, 2019 at 1:25 pm Reason: cleanup after merge; thanks for the link
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I am trying to get to Myanmar next Christmas from Boston. I hope Thai reappears soon.
We're looking to go on our 10 year anniversary trip to BKK from Boston...hopefully something cracks.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:52 pm

I booked a BKK-SIN today on TG using UA miles over the phone. The agent saw the availability right away and had me on hold for a while to make sure the ticketing went through so they are able to do it, just have to find a willing agent and HUCA if you meet with resistance.

This has to be saving UA a small fortune, which basically means they have little incentive to fix it. Social media campaign is probably the best way to get this addressed.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by drminn
Does anybody have any insights into this? Is it an IT glitch, a contract dispute? How long is temporarily?
It's been going on for about a month now, by my estimate, perhaps a bit longer. It's disgraceful and dishonest. They clearly don't give a rat's arse about it.

I call just about every day to complain (and encourage everyone to do so) - they obviously have not made fixing this a priority. Need more pushback to incentivize them to do so.

Anyone have Oscar's email?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: SQ TG VA UA
Well done ! I just called United and they said it was a software issue with their bookings not showing up in the TG or SQ systems, and no inventory showing of those airlines showing in the UA system.

I need to make some bookings on either TG or SQ for HKT-BNE.... From your experience, any tips that might assist me ?

The United CSO I just spoke with was the usual pleasantly unhelpful service...

Many thanks,
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by worldtrav
I booked a BKK-SIN today on TG using UA miles over the phone. The agent saw the availability right away and had me on hold for a while to make sure the ticketing went through so they are able to do it, just have to find a willing agent and HUCA if you meet with resistance.

This has to be saving UA a small fortune, which basically means they have little incentive to fix it. Social media campaign is probably the best way to get this addressed.
Good to hear worldtrav that you were able to do this. I asked a question a couple posts up about whether this was going to be possible or not to do by calling in, given that I can see availability on ExpertFlyer. Sounds though that it might be a case of which agent you get on the phone and the need to HUCA if presented with an unhelpful agent? The issue I have is that trying to book AMS-AKL will require manually piecing together different segments which also has proven problematic in the past (i.e. AMS-MUC, MUC-BKK, BKK-AKL). For some reason the UA rates desk doesn't like it when you do it that way!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by worldtrav

I reported this up thread but I also had success booking TG over the phone last week. Also had a long hold time and a couple HUCAs. One can hope if we are tying up their agents enough with the long booking process that might give them incentive to fix it.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by thrillhouse763
One can hope if we are tying up their agents enough with the long booking process that might give them incentive to fix it.
Purely wishful thinking.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Purely wishful thinking.
Proof of this statement can be found in an earlier snafu where SQ was only available for mileage rewards via phone booking and not on the web. How long did that situation last? My recollection is > one year.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by transportprof
Proof of this statement can be found in an earlier snafu where SQ was only available for mileage rewards via phone booking and not on the web. How long did that situation last? My recollection is > one year.
Multiple years.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Any success with calling to book TAP flights? I see a lot of people being successful with TG.

So the idea is just call and hope for a helpful CSO?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by JHake10
United says it's an issue with those partners specifically. Sounds like a huge devaluation to me.
It is a huge devaluation. It makes UA miles far less useful. It is very difficult for award travel in SE Asia without TG, which previously was easily available.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
luckily I have all my SQ needs booked for the foreseeable future, but this is a huge mess. Clearly not a priority for UA to fix this. Shame on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.