Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
I went through the whole process of signing up for Aeroplan just so I could do some searches. I'll never complain about the UA website again. I can't do anything on AC, including doing anything with an existing reservation. I can't even figure out how to search for award flights.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I have been trying to put together a travel plan to Asia on an award and want to do the "Excursionist" perk, but all the inter asia stuff comes up as not available. At first i thought i was trying to do something against the rules, but I fear this could be causing the problems....

Does that seem plausible?

Trying to do CHS-SIN-(somewhere in South Vietnam or Malaysia)-CHS

I am pretty sure SIN, South Vietnam and Malaysia are all in the same "Zone" or region for excursionist perk
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
I have been trying to put together a travel plan to Asia on an award and want to do the "Excursionist" perk, but all the inter asia stuff comes up as not available. At first i thought i was trying to do something against the rules, but I fear this could be causing the problems....

Does that seem plausible?
Yes, absolutely. Your only options for SIN to Malaysia or Vietnam would be SQ and TG, since those are the only carriers in South Asia.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:31 pm

Book award ticket to destination not populating on united.com

Greetings,

Quick question that would probably best be answered by a UA phone rep, but generally speaking, is it possible to book an award ticket to an airport not listed on UA.com? Specifically, I'm looking at a few destinations in the Azores (TER, PDL) which don't appear bookable on the website.

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:53 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
Greetings,

Quick question that would probably best be answered by a UA phone rep, but generally speaking, is it possible to book an award ticket to an airport not listed on UA.com? Specifically, I'm looking at a few destinations in the Azores (TER, PDL) which don't appear bookable on the website.

Thanks!
If Star Alliance partners or non *A partners (like Aer Lingus) do not fly there, no, you can't get there with miles
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
If Star Alliance partners or non *A partners (like Aer Lingus) do not fly there, no, you can't get there with miles
But if they do? I'm looking at a routing on TAP via OPO or LIS.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by thtsapaddlin
But if they do? I'm looking at a routing on TAP via OPO or LIS.
TP awards are currently not available. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...g-sq-gone.html
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
I was able to use UA miles to upgrade a TG flight (B->I). Had to look up availability through ANA though.

It is obvious that UA can somehow see "I" and "O" space on TG - So why can't UA get this fixed by now???
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Ok, so here’s my question....

I currently HAVE a MP ticket kissed for flights on TP (SFO-LIS-AMS). I’m on the inaugural SFO-LIS flight.

But there was a schedule change on the LIS-AMS part (just by 5 minutes). The PNR is red flagged, saying I need to call in.

If I do, will UA be able to adjust this, or will they be need to find alternative routing?

Will the ticket self adjust if I just don’t touch it?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by zrs70
Ok, so here’s my question....

I currently HAVE a MP ticket kissed for flights on TP (SFO-LIS-AMS). I’m on the inaugural SFO-LIS flight.

But there was a schedule change on the LIS-AMS part (just by 5 minutes). The PNR is red flagged, saying I need to call in.

If I do, will UA be able to adjust this, or will they be need to find alternative routing?

Will the ticket self adjust if I just don’t touch it?
as long as this is still within MCT there should be no issue. You can also try to just accept the schedule change online, unless there is a flight # change in which case they need to re-issue the ticket.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
in which case they need to re-issue the ticket.
Yeah that may be a problem.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
A few years ago, before we could see SQ awards, we could look on NH’s site to see acurate availability and call it in. Is this still true?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
A few years ago, before we could see SQ awards, we could look on NH’s site to see acurate availability and call it in. Is this still true?
Unfortunately since the update of the ANA/NH website, it is also known for phantom inventory. However, with checking AC , NH and UA -- if you get two agreeing, there is a chance that is right.
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Unfortunately since the update of the ANA/NH website, it is also known for phantom inventory.
That's exactly what happened to me. Before applying for upgrades, I checked on NH which showed availability for both outbound and return, but when I tried to apply the miles, only the return was available.

I also tried with using ANA miles (which requires 20% more!) and got the same results - no go.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, HHonors Diamond,
Using Expert Flyer and then calling in?

Been following this thread with interest and increasing frustration at time it has taken to resolve this...situation is that I need to book 4xJ class mileage seats at Christmas time from AMS-AKL. Typically best availability has been on TG.

Using ExpertFlyer I can see that there are available seats from MUC, CPH, ARL around that time.

Has as anyone had success ringing UA with specific TG flight and getting them to manually build itinerary? As a 1k is it best to speak to a dedicated 1k agent about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.