Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
And it's virtually impossible to make a booking for flights from Australia to South East Asia.
Also impossible to get from Bali to Bangkok
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:35 am

I tried to use Singapore miles to book UA flights from Guam to anywhere. Nothing is found. I guess the SQ also cannot see UA flights. Maybe it is a real IT problem.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Northwest, United
This has been going on for weeks. With TG completely blacked out, it’s nearly impossible to book award travel anywhere near/through much of Asia/Australia and beyond. This is having a huge impact on a large number of United customers - essentially this is a major devaluation in United’s loyalty program. Yeah, I get it that they’re “working on it” but United and it’s partners need to get off their duffs, raise the priority for fixing this, and not just shrug as week after week of this outage slowly rolls by.

I know there’s little we can do, but you know the old adage about the squeaky wheel getting the grease: if you are concerned about this or have been impacted by it, it’s time to squeak more. I’m making a point to call United every day asking about a fix and requesting they make a greater effort. I’m polite, but freely share my opinion that this needs to be fixed soon, not after weeks or months of delay. They’ve already had many weeks to “work on it” with no apparent results. They need to make it a higher priority or it’ll go on like this forever.

If this has impacted your travel plans, or if you just care about United retaining the current value of their loyalty program, I’d urge you to start CALLING them every day, too. If everyone just shrugs (or merely vents to each other on FT) they have no reason to raise the priority on this. When they start seeing a significant spike in call volume and specific complaints, maybe that would give them an incentive to apply some pressure or resources where it’s needed. Be polite and respectful - the call center agents didn’t break this - but be sure to deliver the message and ask them to pass along the urgency of a fix to their supervisors.

Time for me to make my daily call. Please consider doing the same.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Time for me to make my daily call. Please consider doing the same.
Just wrote 1kvoice. Also raised the PZ inventory blackout.
nwflyboy and chavala like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I predict this will be a very long time to fix.There must be a financial be benefit to UNITED not to have this availability, and they will drag it out since their finances are their only concern. They do not care that it is one more devaluation of the benefits or that the FF are anxious about it. When was the last time that UA was concerned about the FF?
artvandalay likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TonyBurr
I predict this will be a very long time to fix.There must be a financial be benefit to UNITED not to have this availability, and they will drag it out since their finances are their only concern. They do not care that it is one more devaluation of the benefits or that the FF are anxious about it. When was the last time that UA was concerned about the FF?
Thats certainly a possibility. My point is that the more people who just shrug and grouse about it quietly, the less incentive United has to fix it. The more people who actually pick up the phone and CALL THEM to complain, the greater the incentive to fix it. If they get a lot of calls from people who are very unhappy, they will notice, and they will have a reason to fix it.

Will a lot of calls be enough to move the needle? Don’t know, but I do know that if nobody calls and everyone just accepts it, that gives them every reason to drag their feet.

I’m calling every day. How about you?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:46 am

I think a tweeting campaign would be more effective than calling and complaining.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Or if the bloggers would pick this up again. That's likely what caused UA Insider to post here and for UA to actually put up a notice on the website.

When they picked up the zeroed PZ inventory, UA fixed it. Then it promptly broke again.
nwflyboy and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
I am trying to get to Myanmar next Christmas from Boston. I hope Thai reappears soon.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:52 pm

Sure - do All Of The Above.

Tweet often. Call and complain. Bloggers bloviate. Stir the pot, don’t just sit back and wish. Beat every drum you have, politely but continuously. Make it clear that this is a major issue, not some obscure, edge case that only impacts a few individuals.

I’d like to see some updates from UA about progress and setting expectations other than “we know about it,”
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Angry

Originally Posted by Kacee
Or if the bloggers would pick this up again. That's likely what caused UA Insider to post here and for UA to actually put up a notice on the website.

When they picked up the zeroed PZ inventory, UA fixed it. Then it promptly broke again.
The notice about awards on SQ TG is no longer there. Yet the problem is not fixed.

This is lame.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by kb1992
The notice about awards on SQ TG is no longer there. Yet the problem is not fixed
I’m still seeing the notice (but it’s still not working and it is still lame).
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:55 pm

Sometimes websites get an early Sunday update, fingers crossed.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Sometimes websites get an early Sunday update, fingers crossed.
Thats what I was thinking too. Sundays generally seem to be a preferred time for maintenance. And Super Bowl Sunday would be a reasonable time to target an update (lots of people have their attention elsewhere).

I was having all sorts of trouble with the website in the past hour or so, with really basic stuff appearing broken. Maybe they actually are tinkering with the house of cards that is UA.com. Would be great to see some actual progress on these issues. Will keep my fingers crossed but my expectations low.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee

Next week. I promise.
gpeso8, bluestrudels and mrt88 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.