Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sorry my comment was directed solely at UA, not you
maybe BR will open space closer in.

The double whammy is brutal. I foresee more revenue CX tix in my future.
No worries. Totally got that...just felt the need to ensure others I was not gullible. LOL

BR would be great. I was actually on the verge of booking a crappy Air China itinerary when I found the Asiana option.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: UA *Gold (1 MM)
Originally Posted by chavala
Curious if this has anything to do with some freaky MS availability.
A month ago while planning a trip, I could get every MS domestic flight as a saver award (CAI-LXR, ASW-CAI...). It was wide open. Even available was FRA -LXR with an o/n in CAI which I planned to book.
While deciding which days, it all suddenly disappeared -- ALL of it, everyday, all year. As if UA no longer offers MS awards.
So I'm curious if this is not just TG and SQ?
The domestic awards may be gone, but the international awards are still there, at least in economy. No problem with CDG-CAI x AUH, DXB for example. Strange how the domestic itineraries are missing.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Looks like United put up a notice on the flight search results page to at least let people know...

narvik likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Looks like United put up a notice on the flight search results page to at least let people know...

And as usual a bit late to the game... I knew about TG and SQ. Did not know about TP- of course, have been looking for flight to LIS this week.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21

I like the diffidence expressed in the announcement : "... you may still be able to find awards on other partners." Wish they would adopt a similar tone when touting the value of their credit cards!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
In addition to the missing airline availability, I've noticed more false negatives when searching for saver TPAC awards. Looking today, I can look at several months of calendars with no saver availability showing, yet if I clidk on individual days, some of them do have availability.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:48 pm

TG (Thai Airways) Star Alliance award
Guys, I typically find tons of availability on TG flights for Star Alliance award on UA website. I looked around and all of a sudden there isn't any TG award availability at all....as far as Dec 2019. Do you know what must have happened? Something with the system or glitch? For example....HKG to BKK was always available for TG. But I don't see anything there.

Curious to hear if you may know something about this. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2019 at 9:14 pm Reason: moved to consolidated thread
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by UALFLYER1
TG (Thai Airways) Star Alliance award
Guys, I typically find tons of availability on TG flights for Star Alliance award on UA website. I looked around and all of a sudden there isn't any TG award availability at all....as far as Dec 2019. Do you know what must have happened? Something with the system or glitch? For example....HKG to BKK was always available for TG. But I don't see anything there.

Curious to hear if you may know something about this. Thanks in advance.
Its a website error that UA is working on. There’s a message about it when you search for awards now. TP has also been broken since at least 12/8. I don’t know exactly when TG started but there’s a separate thread.

Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
Its a website error that UA is working on. There’s a message about it when you search for awards now. TP has also been broken since at least 12/8. I don’t know exactly when TG started but there’s a separate thread.

Thanks a lot!! I feel better. I used my awards exclusively in Asia and was really getting anxious. You are right...even SQ seems like it's not showing up. Have a good one! I will keep an eye.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rrgg
Its a website error that UA is working on.
It's more fundamental than that. UA has shut off access to award inventory on TG, SQ, and TP. They claim it's due to issues with ticketing on those carriers.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
They claim it's due to issues with ticketing on those carriers.
Like they're in dispute with UA re payment issues, so they won't issue tickets for MP awards? I wouldn't be surprised.

Good to see that they're "temporarily" unavailable...
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Grace B
Like they're in dispute with UA re payment issues, so they won't issue tickets for MP awards? I wouldn't be surprised.
To be fair, there were some reports recently of UA showing phantom TG space and TG segments dropping from UA award reservations. Didn't hear of any problems with SQ though. And of course there's a long history of not getting along there.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
...Then they told me that AC would not confirm the space to them. I called AC and they said that the space was confirmed back to UA, they were just waiting to be paid for it...
Originally Posted by Grace B

Good to see that they're "temporarily" unavailable...
Perhaps the root cause is not IT, but AP (Accounts Payable).
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
All 3 airlines use Amadeus as their CRS, so I'd actually guess that the issue is a communication issue between SHARES and Amadeus.

Especially since there are also scattered reports of issues on other Amadeus carriers like MS, NH, and BR.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:48 am

I don't think it would be a system conflict with Amadeus or there would be a lot more airlines on the list. Just about all of Star Alliance is on Amadeus. I think the only flights left would be on United metal. Having said that, Air Canada flights have not been working for me even though Air Canada says that they have confirmed them back to United, so maybe it is way more widespread than they are letting on and it is a problem with all of the Amadeus operators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.