Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by becharted
Let me know if that works for you. I tried to call them yesterday to book something on SQ and was told there was no availability even though I could see it on Expertflyer and NH.
TG is not showing on EF either. I don't know who they're pulling from. I did see TG space on SQ.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
No UA Mileage Plus Awards on Thai or Singapore?

Attempted to book an award ticket tonight via App and 1K Desk. UA Website shows I Space Available on the flights I'm looking for, but agent told me that reservations received a memo last week saying no award bookings may be made on Thai Airways or Singapore Airways currently - that their systems are not communicating with United and they have no updates as to when the issue will be resolved. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I tried two different agents and got the same information. The agent suggested I fly another partner - I don't know anyone else who flies from Vietnam to Indonesia (without having to pay 45K miles and go through Taipei rather than 25K miles on TG or SQ).

Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have noticed this too. Yesterday and today a friend was checking united.com, SYD-BKK, for award bookings and nothing available. Yesterday I thought site was just down for maintenance, but this morning I noted too. Hard to believe there is nothing available on TG in any class, week after week.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by pdxdtm
reservations received a memo last week saying no award bookings may be made on Thai Airways or Singapore Airways currently - that their systems are not communicating with United and they have no updates as to when the issue will be resolved.
Thanks for the helpful update. At least we have some sort of answer on what's going on. About another week or so until SQ award chart increases, hoping there is some movement on this before then. Anyone else in favor of setting up a new thread on this topic specifically? I bet we're not the only ones trying to book SQ/TG.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pdxdtm
agent told me that reservations received a memo last week saying no award bookings may be made on Thai Airways or Singapore Airways currently - that their systems are not communicating with United and they have no updates as to when the issue will be resolved.
lol, as if it's a coincidence that both SQ and TG systems "stopped communicating" at the same time. Sounds like UA broke something.

Originally Posted by becharted
About another week or so until SQ award chart increases
That's not going to impact UA award pricing.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's definitely UA specific. The space is available on *A partners.
I was checking UA's site for TG just because it (usually) has a good search engine. When I saw there was absolutely nothing, I tried the site I'm actually planning to use for the award, Lifemiles, and there's plenty of TG showing there.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Trying to book TG now no luck. Nothing shows.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:31 am

All UA award space for TG & SQ gone??

Hi, does United have access to Thai award space at the moment? Have been looking for the past couple of days on different routes and itineraries (J & F) but nothing comes up. I can see availability on Aeroplan and LifeMiles though.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi, does United have access to Thai award space at the moment? Have been looking for the past couple of days on different routes and itineraries (J & F) but nothing comes up. I can see availability on Aeroplan and LifeMiles though.
i came here with the same question. tried many cities (MNL, KUL, PNH) to/from BKK that used to be easy, and the only thing I found was BKK-HKG for a few days per month.... NO, not on TG, but on Ethiopian! Something's amiss.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Agree. Something is amiss. Hopefully short term and they get it fixed quickly...
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott (Plat Premier, LT Plat)
Unable to book MP Awards on *A Partners

I don't see any Intra Asia award availability on Thai Air, ANA, or Singapore Airlines. Can someone advise on how to look for and book award tickets on Thai, ANA, or SA?

Thanks

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 18, 2019 at 10:04 pm Reason: Moved to consolidated thread
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by ua_sp_102366
I don't see any Intra Asia award availability on Thai Air, ANA, or Singapore Airlines. Can someone advise on how to look for and book award tickets on Thai, ANA, or SA?
Availability on TG and SQ using UA miles has been shut down. Don't know about NH. They don't make much space available intra-Asia, so that may be the issue with them.

If you have another *A currency (SQ, AC, NH, AV, etc.), you can still book.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Zero availability on SQ and TG sure makes intra-Asia awards out of KIX a lot harder.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
ANA is working. SQ and TG availability has been "enhanced," apparently.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Definitely on UA side and not TG.

However, I was able to use UA miles to upgrade TG flights (online), despite website search not showing availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.