Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Message on UA.com when searching for awards outside USA

updated evening (PST) 27 Feb 2019 to
Award travel on Singapore Airlines is temporarily unavailable. Our airline partner is diligently working with us to address this situation.
previously
Award travel on Singapore Airlines, TAP Air Portugal and THAI is temporarily unavailable through MileagePlus.
— We’re working on making these awards available, and you may still be able to find awards on other partners.
Plus ANA(now restored).
Print Wikipost

All UA award space for TP&TG (gone - now back?) & SQ still gone??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Anyone have Oscar's email?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
When I tried to call in a couple days ago, agent indicated flights were not bookable at all and claimed could not book them on their system either.
Might take multiple HUCA to find an agent willing to do it....

Just FYI
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
I was able to change an old ticket that did not have a TG flight into a new unrelated ticket with one.
So at least with TG - if you "change ticket" - flights will show up - may be a work around for some.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I was able to change an old ticket that did not have a TG flight into a new unrelated ticket with one.
So at least with TG - if you "change ticket" - flights will show up - may be a work around for some.
Just tried this, Didn't see anything with TG for November
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
UA Will Still Sell You A Revenue Ticket On TG

Don't know if this has been noted before, but UA is more than willing to sell you a paid ticket on TG via the website. It's only the awards they've shut down.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:29 am

Apparently, it's not currently possible to book any TG or SQ award flights using United MileagePlus miles.
This is really quite concerning as many of us use MileagePlus miles to fly on Thai (especially) or Singapore Airlines (on regional routes where there is availability).
It effectively cuts Australia off from direct flights to/from S. E. Asia, using MileagePlus miles, which really devalues the currency. Apparently, TAP Portugal is also currently excluded from award tickets.

To get from SYD to BKK now, for example, you would have to take a very roundabout route, including AKL/HKG, if you want to do it at the published mileage rate. And don't even think about getting a business class award.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thefrankreport
I need to make some bookings on either TG or SQ for HKT-BNE.... From your experience, any tips that might assist me ?
Nothing that a time machine won't fix. I'm glad I diversified and bought some Lifemiles during their Black Friday sale, as they can book TG.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: UA1K
Award Change Working

Another data point: I was able to change an award ticket last night UA on-line that was originally SYD-SIN-BKK-PVG on SQ/TG to a new routing SYD-BKK-SIN-HKG on TG/SQ. All cabin classes were available.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
This is super frustrating. I need to book BKK-NRT. The space is there but of course UA isn't offering it. I could book via AP, but would have to burn Amex points, and pay change fees if better flights open (which would be my plan).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is super frustrating. I need to book BKK-NRT. The space is there but of course UA isn't offering it. I could book via AP, but would have to burn Amex points, and pay change fees if better flights open (which would be my plan).
No space on NH?

Using NH miles to book NH flights also requires less miles in Biz (60K vs 90K).

The downside is it cost a bit more in airport tax and also lose the free-of-charge to make changes/cancelation (1K/GS) which I highly value!

I go out of my way to book NH vs TG on the BKK-NRT route unless I want F. Food is much better and I'd prefer the seats on the 789 over what TG has (don't like the cradle seats on the 788 though)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
It is so bad that I actually booked an Air China itinerary, with a 1hour 10 Min connection time in PEK, just to have something workable for a trip.

I hope this is fixed soon and I can find a better option....
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by kittiyut
No space on NH?
No. IME NH almost never releases space to partners on BKK-NRT.
Originally Posted by kittiyut
Using NH miles to book NH flights also requires less miles in Biz (60K vs 90K).
Yes, thanks. The ticket is not for me, and NH is very restrictive on third party bookings. (And even if it were possible, the Amex transfer takes several days; AP is instant.)
Originally Posted by goodeats21
It is so bad that I actually booked an Air China itinerary, with a 1hour 10 Min connection time in PEK, just to have something workable for a trip.
Ouch. That is as close as you can get to a guaranteed miss.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:25 pm

i was wondering if it is related to the current earlybird sales that tg and sq have been pushing hard. perhaps when they are over, the availability will return. I can't imagine that UA particularly like having to announce on their site that the availability is temporarily blocked.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
UA will not fix this for a very long time. It is one more devaluation under Oscar. They must be saving money, and thus will not "fix it".
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:15 pm

Hi, just got this same error. This is very unfortunate as we hoped to book our honeymoon flights with all the miles we've saved!

Does anyone know a workaround in the meantime? Would calling United 1k desk help?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.