Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new uniforms announced for UA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Are scarves remaining as an accessory? Something about FAs wearing the scarf is high class.
tuolumne likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Seems they tried to copy yet another Delta feature - but failed miserably.

It always amazes me that foreign air crews march through the airport dressed to the 9s, in generally beautiful, well designed uniforms and perfect grooming, yet US carrier staff are dressed like they just wrapped up 8hrs at Wendy's, and that's before their flight shift starts.

At least Delta tried to make their uniforms a little more fashionable and somewhat less utilitarian, but AA, AS, UA are way behind - and I'll never forget the old US uniforms that literally looked like pajamas.
FlyingNone, wrp96, am1108 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Ugh,....check out the pix in the USAToday article. I realize some may just be in the "idea" stage but good grief, WHEN is United going to hire the people who make these decisions to have any sense of class, fashion, classic design etc. The FA with a blanket type cape ? Is that supposed to be a coat or outer garment or what ?? Then the male FA with all that trim - It is so cheap and gaudy looking. Please United, wake up !!! and hire top-level clothing designers instead of the bottom of the barrel - Cintas or Omar the Tentmaker.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:41 pm

Well, at least the men's uniforms haven't (quite) gone this far...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
An average once a year flyer is supposed to be able to see one of these people and think "UA employee" and not "Basic Economy Passenger"?
OMG. I hadn't clicked through the USA Today article until just now. I thought these were random terrible pictures you had pulled off the internet.

The only thing good are the Aloha outfits. Love those.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:32 am

As passengers, the only thing we should care about is how the uniforms make the employees feel.
uanj, LTBoston, MarkyMarc and 1 others like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 17, 2019 at 1:54 am Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Rule Reminder

For some reason, a number of posters have forgotten a key tenet of FT
12.2 Avoid Getting Personal
If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.
Comment on the proposed uniforms, comment on UA's decisions, DO NOT comment about other posters. We are providing opinions on this issue and attacking a poster for their opinion is not allowed.

WineCountyUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 17, 2019 at 2:12 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Oh I feel real sympathy for the FAs, GAs, etc. Who designed these? There are some great US fashion designers but these do not reflect great fashion. They seriously remind me of what you may see in Walmart, not Saks.

i have always liked the CO uniforms, and that basic design, cut and colour looks great on most people. You could then add scarves, kerchief, shawl, shoes, stockings, etc for the pop of colour as UA changes the fashion palette.

I really hope UA goes back to the drawing board on the new uniforms and changes the internal selection team to someone with some common sense.

Actually the CS uniform looks like a good basic for the FAs if they lengthen the jacket for the women. Just add a dress option in the same style...

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Jan 17, 2019 at 5:09 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:47 am

Programs: UA 1K

Someone at United actually thought this would look good? United is 0-2 on redesigns. Can't wait for 0-3 when the App rolls out.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by fumje
Looks a bit Star Trek.

Great catch!!!!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Honestly I think that the Groundstaff Uniforms look quite nice!
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by 330
Honestly I think that the Groundstaff Uniforms look quite nice!
All these new uniform designs aren't nowhere near as bad as made out here in this thread IMO.
I actually quite like most of them.
nancypants, FlyngSvyr and 330 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:16 am

They look very nice! Other than 1 kind of odd one.

I really like how many employees have a choice of what uniform style they can wear and it’s not the same thing over and over.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by narvik
All these new uniform designs aren't nowhere near as bad as made out here in this thread IMO.
I actually quite like most of them.
Most of them are quite nice. Ground staff and female FAs in particular. But the Male FA suit coat? Looks like something you'd see at the circus. Waaaay too much going on there.

pmUA pilots ought to be happy. The new uniforms look more like their pre-merger garb.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by halls120
But the Male FA suit coat? Looks like something you'd see at the circus. Waaaay too much going on there.
Maybe true, but I am NOT worried:
As with all things United, they will backtrack after launch and start removing some of the bling anyway....
am1108 and nancypants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.