Search

new uniforms announced for UA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:26 am
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
One word, no two words, "really disgusting"
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Hopefully the new uniforms are rolled out at the same pace as Polaris seats.
fastair, LyfeSaver and artvandalay like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Lintrix

Someone at United actually thought this would look good? United is 0-2 on redesigns. Can't wait for 0-3 when the App rolls out.
With no offense meant to the woman in the photo, it just looks like an off the rack generic Lane Bryant or DressBarn business casual outfit and there is nothing "uniform" about this look; really reminds me of the terrible pmUS collared/t-shirt that seemed to be the go to uniform for plus size FA's. Other than the wings, wouldn't even think someone dressed like that walking down the aisle was a FA
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The women’s dress looks just like the Qantas uniform with that stupid 1980s New Wave diagonal stripe. Hopefully the UA FAs won’t have to wear the black stockings whch make it even worse.
This is not at all modern or becoming.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:17 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Why the h*ll are they spending money on yet another branding exercise? Aren't the present uniforms functional and acceptable, even though inconsistent? They could use the investment to undo some of the cutback in biz service that we have seen recently instead of messing around with "designers".
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
as god awful these new uniforms are and we are complaining just think of the poor employees that have to wear these silly things. I wonder if UA takes an employee poll on designs? Who/what person(s) and/or department would sign off on these things?

I agree like someone posted above--the male's flight attendant uniform really does look like a bell hop's.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5 million miler, SU Gold, JL Sapphire
Like several post said: beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

... But this beholder has a rather negative reaction on that one. SU's summer female uniform is almost preferable at this point. Well, almost.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fly18725
As passengers, the only thing we should care about is how the uniforms make the employees feel.
I agree that the employee's feeling/opinion should be a major factor. However, a uniform should be more than just clothing for their employees to wear. It should represent the UA brand. What does UA want people to think of when they think of UA? That should reflect in the appearance of their employees. More importantly, it should allow passengers to easily pick out the employees from a crowd. (This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. Going to a restaurant and not being able to tell who is an employee and who is not when no one is serving me)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I can't say I like the designs but hopefully UA at least chooses a better manufacturer than AA did for their last set of new uniforms.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by eng3
What does UA want people to think of when they think of UA? That should reflect in the appearance of their employees.
Obviously that they got into a fight with a circa 1993 shower curtain and lost...

Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ohmigod, they're not that bad, people.

Calm down.
uanj and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Are the Customer Service Aloha for real or is that a light hearted attempt at humour? Never been to Hawaii with United so is it something to do with that? Or just hot places in general?

Last edited by Silver Fox; Jan 17, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Matt @ Live and Let's Fly had a few more pictures, presumably from employee intranet. I took the liberty of putting some of the pictures side by side:

It's almost as if they wanted to show what the designer's vision was, and at the same time predicting how an average FA would actually wear the pieces. Also, as others had pointed out, there are unnecessary details (the lapel piping on men's suit jacket, that weird white stripe on the women's belt) that cheapen the looks.

Some of the jackets are way too casual to be uniforms - the look should be professional, not "I'm going to a track meet/yoga class".

The Star Trek dress is on the plus column for me, but it's not stunning or striking like Zac Rosen's plum dress or Richard Tyler's red dress for Delta.

Fortunately, here's a statement from UA:

These images are not a full representation of the final uniform program – we'll continue to refine designs based on employee feedback.

Originally Posted by wrp96
I can't say I like the designs but hopefully UA at least chooses a better manufacturer than AA did for their last set of new uniforms.
Lands' End will be the manufacturer, which is the same manufacturer for AA's upcoming new uniform.
tuolumne and am1108 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Ummmmm...definitely some interesting color combos and designs. I like the Hawaiian/Island oufits. Waiting for collective outrage from the FA union!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by hotturnip
Ohmigod, they're not that bad, people.

Calm down.
Yes. They are that bad. Hiddeous. Flattering to no one.
DenverBrian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.