Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No Status if attaching MP Number to Krisflyer Award of UA flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond

Agent said I wasn’t allowed to change premium economy seats of companions after I split off my Reservation from SQ Award (UA Flights) to get the upgrade. She said I only added my 1K MP to “to get the perks” but I didnt book with UA Miles so cant change the seats. I have not came across this before and she also checked with her supervisor. Is this the new norm?

Last edited by everetl; Jan 16, 2019 at 3:52 pm Reason: Ambiguity
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by everetl
Agent said I wasn’t allowed to change premium economy seats of companions after I split off my Reservation from SQ Award (UA Flights) to get the upgrade. She said I only added my 1K MP to “to get the perks” but I didnt book with UA Miles so cant change the seats. I have not came across this before and she also checked with her supervisor. Is this the new norm?
Unsure about the UA stated policy this is but have always managed to select E+ seats on UA flights booked via Aeroplan (heck I've even been placed on the CPU list for certain flights!) in addition to all *Gold benefits. I don't think it should matter how I use to pay for the tickets, I should always have access to these benefits - it's kind of the point of working so hard to get status on any major alliance. I suspect the problem you ran into was splitting off the PNR which from previous experiences does improve your upgrade chances but also means your pal's benefits go away after and you're at the mercy of the agents to get those perks back for them. That's why it's generally a good idea to make sure everyone is satisfied with where they sit before you start splitting off PNRs like that.

-James
Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
HUCA.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Yeah usually if you split it they just look at the PNR's and see that they are linked. I think HUCA is the best idea. Anyway, its not a big deal will just ask someone to swap seats. The seat I want to give away is actually a better seat anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.