Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

corporate travel policies for discounted first class

corporate travel policies for discounted first class

Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:45 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by leftthechargerathome
I currently work for an organization that is ONLY coach.
Good post and welcome to FT. ^

Years ago, prior to the merger, the pmCO allowed full Y (and I think maybe B later?) to auto-upgrade into domestic, last seat, F. Net effect was it allowed clever employees to book (full) Y, stay within their travel policies, receive an eTicket receipt showing Y, but effectively be guaranteed a seat in F...so basically you could buy an F seat masquerading as a Y ticket.
BeanTownBoy likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Why are executives allowed to fly around in corporate jets, while other management is regulated to coach?
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Why are executives allowed to fly around in corporate jets, while other management is regulated to coach?
The reasons vary.
1. Security.
2. Scheduling and efficiency.
3. Work in the air, e.g. handle sensitive calls and papers.
4. Savings (may be cheaper to send a team on the company jet (or NetJets) than multiple tickets.
5. Competetive compensation (why do some have a car & driver and others schlep on the bus?)
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
because time is money. The higher up you go the more your time is worth. Being able to breeze in right after a meeting and fly to the closest possible airport and then be out again is worth is worth it for some companies
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:11 pm

my company allows us to book first class (or business class) if the flight is over 3.5 hours and only if we're traveling for client work. No questions asked, never had an issues. we have our own internal travel agent team, they automatically book it for us. its pretty sweet and extremely comfortable. the best part is the flights are all refundable tickets....which makes things very easy when you need to change direction
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eng3
Even with YBM, I still would be surprised to see someone with a 95% clearance rate.
In the pmCO days as a (gasp!) Silver I was at 99% YBM clearance --at booking--, even for a little while post merger (as a gold then plat before plateauing as 1k)...but as RM has gotten smarter about monetizing the space the inventory, that inventory either isn't there at all or is only opened at the last minute on the battlefield.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
In the pmCO days as a (gasp!) Silver I was at 99% YBM clearance --at booking--, even for a little while post merger (as a gold then plat before plateauing as 1k)...but as RM has gotten smarter about monetizing the space the inventory, that inventory either isn't there at all or is only opened at the last minute on the battlefield.
As noted upthread, Y/B-ups used to clear into JN (last seat) inventory.
jsloan likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.