Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA closes security checkpoint @IAH, Term B, 13-15 & ??? Jan 2019

Old Jan 13, 19, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass

https://www.chron.com/business/bizfe...B-13530619.php

"....Terminal B is solely @UNITED flights...."

The security checkpoint and ticketing counter were closed at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Houston Airport System spokesman Bill Begley. It will remain closed the rest of Sunday, with details on Monday unknown at the time of writing. Flights departing Terminal B will operate as normal, but passengers must check in at Terminals C or E and then ride the Skyway to Terminal B.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 13, 19 at 5:41 pm Reason: more content added
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Nice! Who doesn't love extra time on a monorail?
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
We were supposed to go IAH-EWR-BOM tomorrow - had to cancel after I came down with a medical issue and the doctor advised not to fly. If B is closed again tomorrow, it is going to be a zoo at C and E. Keeping a baby occupied in a long security line would've been a headache - kind of secretly glad I can't go! (not totally, rather not have the medical issue)
Old Jan 13, 19, 10:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt Ist-iest
Originally Posted by rishib View Post
If B is closed again tomorrow, it is going to be a zoo at C and E.
I selfishly wish they hadn't mentioned T-E since that's my IAH protip when C is busy. Since I'm usually headed to the Centurion Lounge in D, if TSA is backed up at C it's not a bad walk to E via the underground and then I'm just a couple mins from the lounge.

Remember that at IAH you can clear via any terminal, so A is a perfectly valid option, especially if you have CLEAR. A-North is usually one of the faster checkpoints. A-North, C-North (the Premier/Pre checkpoint), and E precheck are the best. D and the post-CBP checkpoints are dumpster fires best avoided all the time. I haven't flown out of B in 2-3 years since it's renovation so I can't speak to that.
TexasAggie02 likes this.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jan 13, 19 at 10:21 pm
Old Jan 14, 19, 9:30 pm

Terminal B check in and TSA will remain closed through Wednesday
Old Jan 15, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
If Terminal B check-in is closed, that means passengers who are taking United out of Terminal A have to go all the way to C or E to check in if they have bags, and then go to A, right? Ouch. Hasn't been really mentioned in news articles. (I've done the B to A thing once, missed the cut off time for bag check-in, and had to take a later flight. Not fun.)
Old Jan 15, 19, 7:48 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svcs, AA ExecPlat, WN RR, AZ Freccia Alata+, Hilton gold, SPG/Marriot Gold, Hertz Prez
I flew out of B yesterday and the checkpoint was closed. I usually never use it as I use the GS entry for pre-check at C (unless I am in A) as I did again yesterday. Lines did not seem longer than usual at C from what I could tell. YMMV of course.
Old Jan 16, 19, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
I flew out of IAH on Monday morning & used TSA pre @ C around 10 am. Lines were not any longer than normal & was thru security in less than 5 minutes.
Old Jan 17, 19, 2:14 pm

At IAH right now. Used Terminal E and there was no line for PreCheck at 1:45 PM. Somewhat but not overly long line for regular security screening at E.

FWIW, I could see there was only a quite short line at the dedicated post-customs security screening at E as well.
Old Jan 20, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I got an email from United yesterday that TSA screening at Terminal B would be closed today, and suggested to use Terminal C. My flight today (2:20 pm) was out of Terminal C anyway, so I hit the TC Pre-Check line around noon. There were maybe 10 people in the Pre-Check line, and about 15 in the non-Pre-Check line. It was pretty smooth sailing.

-mvitale
Old Jan 23, 19, 9:49 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Flying out of B today. Went to C to go through security (TSA Pre) and the line was actually shorter than usual for 9am. I think everyone's getting there earlier than normal expecting a security issue. Took the hike to B to get my exercise for the day. Overall much easier than expected given the warning text and email I got from United yesterday.
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:19 am

Programs: UA MM, UA 1K, DL Silver
IAH TSA Pre-Check time?

Anyone experiencing the 2 hour delay that the UA email informed me of today as Terminal B is closed? Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Plat/DL Plat
I did it last week, a few days after they announced the closure with no noticeable difference. I was off the rental car bus and through the checkpoint in under 5 minutes. Sample size 1.
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I went through C on Wednesday about 9am; the pre check line was shorter than usual in my experience.
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:42 am

Programs: UA MM, UA 1K, DL Silver
Thanks you guys!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: