Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EWR764
TPA is, by a considerable margin -- about 20% -- United's busiest domestic station without a club. MSY and RDU are about 20% and 30% smaller, respectively, by United traffic but probably have a better high yield/business mix than leisure-heavy TPA. After those three, the next busiest UA station without a lounge is SMF, with around 55% of the traffic of TPA.
Interesting, underscoring the message that UA has sent to TPA area business travelers for years.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
SMF in the days of yore had a room.

Now Terminal A has an AMEX lounge. Pity that wasn’t extended to Priority Pass!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Enjoyed the new FLL club on Saturday. It was full due to ATC delays so we got the full experience as we waited the extra hours. The staff was great despite the difficult conditions.
No views anymore but a nice, comfortable lounge with the modest (but decent) UC menu for dining.
Now if only there were visible signs of construction for new EWR Club that was supposed to be open by now.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:30 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Duke787
^ -- didn't realize RDU was getting a UC

My one and only UA trip this year is early August (thanks UA for still offering reasonable mileage upgrades to J on RDU - SYD) so will report back if opened by then.
I'll be flying in there on July 12, out again on July 19, so will see whether that July 10 date worked.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: UA
RDU club

FYI I just flew out this morning (July 16) and the club at RDU is not open. Couldn't find anyone to ask about it even. I'll try again when I return on the 19th. Was crossing my fingers I'd get to see it!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
SMF in the days of yore had a room.

Now Terminal A has an AMEX lounge. Pity that wasn’t extended to Priority Pass!
Sure you got the correct airport? SMF is Sacramento California.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by seat38a
Sure you got the correct airport? SMF is Sacramento California.
SMF now has an Escape (third party) lounge accessible with Amex cards, but is not a Centurion Lounge.

I haven’t been to the SMF lounge but have been impressed by the Escape product elsewhere.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Any update on TPA? Was there last week and while in baggage claim I happened to be looking at wifi networks and saw the "United_Club" (or however it's normally formatted for the lounges) as an option. The optimist in me was hoping they were testing the network for the future lounge...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Any update on TPA? Was there last week and while in baggage claim I happened to be looking at wifi networks and saw the "United_Club" (or however it's normally formatted for the lounges) as an option. The optimist in me was hoping they were testing the network for the future lounge...
No, TPA has only been speculated with banter here. UA has not publicly announced anything wrt a club at TPA.

FWIW, I suspect the SSID "United_Club" sounds like a awesome rouge hotspot.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
No, TPA has only been speculated with banter here. UA has not publicly announced anything wrt a club at TPA.

I believe TPA is *planned* for the 2020 capital budget, so there’s no work underway presently and of course nothing is finalized. Subject to change...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:50 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by EWR764

I believe TPA is *planned* for the 2020 capital budget, so there’s no work underway presently and of course nothing is finalized. Subject to change...
This is my understanding as well. I can only hope! I have been living in the TPA area for 8 years and the lack of a club sucks. All the while I see more and more flights, 6-7 gates in use constantly, even more GS/1K boardings. Its time !
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
I have heard that either a club will open up either by security in the current terminal or in the new terminal .
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Originally Posted by Vulcan
This is my understanding as well. I can only hope! I have been living in the TPA area for 8 years and the lack of a club sucks. All the while I see more and more flights, 6-7 gates in use constantly, even more GS/1K boardings. Its time !
Still better than Mco ;which until they move to the new terminal is a mess .
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by jfk747

Still better than Mco ;which until they move to the new terminal is a mess .
Do you really find MCO that bad? I fly out of there equally as much and find it "adequate".. precheck is never that long of a wait, the club is old but does the job, and with the new 2-lane boarding the gates are not as much of a cluster as they used to be with 5 lanes. No it's not the most spacious terminal but neither are any of the gates at CLE, ORD, or most of my other frequented destinations..
cawhite likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780

Eh, all of the UA clubs use that nomenclature though and given this was on the baggage claim level, near the UA offices, made me think it could be testing of some sort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.