Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 10:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Departed RDU today, two notes. The electronic signs above check in had a message at the bottom that noted “UNITED CLUB COMING SUNMER 2019”. After I went through TSA I believe I spotted the location. Down the escalator, to the right and above the Hudson news (could see construction going on up there). Excited for it!
Old May 30, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Some sneak-peek photos of the new LGA club... looks very nice, and goes without saying, a massive improvement over the current facility. There are even some design elements that echo the Polaris Lounges.

https://hub.united.com/were-moving-u...638508258.html

https://app.box.com/s/tt6yu4d8y2d136xkxjgk0mwnprkmxu27

Also note the greatly-improved food selection:

Customers can enjoy an expanded food menu including distinctly New York selections such as the iconic New York Bagel provider, Ess-a-Bagel, which will be paired with assorted cream cheese, jams and smokehouse salmon spread, a Greek salad bar and rotating hot foods including oven-baked Neapolitan ziti, fast-fired pesto and goat cheese flatbread, bite sized reuben corned beef with sauerkraut and more. Menu options will rotate throughout the day with hot and cold entrees available all-day.

Last edited by EWR764; May 30, 2019 at 12:10 pm
Old May 30, 2019, 12:16 pm

Big thumbs up for Ess-a.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by EWR764
Also note the greatly-improved food selection:
From personal experience at the media event this morning, I can say those reuben sandwich things are DELICIOUS!
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:25 pm

I haven't seen the new UC yet obviously but I've been to the new terminal and it is impossible to overstate how much nicer it is than the old terminal. And the UC location is great. Looks like the temporary entrance to the terminal is on the ground floor so you have to go upstairs to get to the UC, but once they build the pedestrian bridge you will stop off at the UC just before descending the escalators into the concourse, close to all of the gates.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Still no news on Tampa’s UC..... just a matter of time. But when?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nevansm
Departed RDU today, two notes. The electronic signs above check in had a message at the bottom that noted “UNITED CLUB COMING SUNMER 2019”. After I went through TSA I believe I spotted the location. Down the escalator, to the right and above the Hudson news (could see construction going on up there). Excited for it!
My assumption was that they’d use the old US Club near the low D gates for the UA lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:51 am

Any updates on the upcoming (RDU) United Club?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 19, 2019 at 11:59 am Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by trvlr70
Any updates on the upcoming (RDU) United Club?
I asked a check-in agent last week when I was there. She said July 10 is the target to open.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
With 8 new Frontier destinations announced recently , I think Popeyes will be booming -food quality is definitely better when you turn right after TSA than left
At least for the roll out schedules - many of those Frontier destinations are served only once or twice a week. Seems like a lot of hype for two flights to a destination. And most seemed to be times for tourists not business travel.
RDU also plans to move Frontier out of Terminal 2 into Termninal 1 to join Southwest as the “low-cost-carrier” terminal.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SAN 1K

I asked a check-in agent last week when I was there. She said July 10 is the target to open.
^ -- didn't realize RDU was getting a UC

My one and only UA trip this year is early August (thanks UA for still offering reasonable mileage upgrades to J on RDU - SYD) so will report back if opened by then.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
The location for the TPA club was approved and plans drawn up just prior to 911. So, 17 years later, nada. It will be on the second floor overlooking the concourse, similar to the AA (old US) club in another terminal. Access via elevator. Every time I walk past it, I look and see... nothing. Anything would be a big plus, especially since I have a lifetime membership and live here now.
Back when US was *A member and had a club at TPA, I can see why UA punted. But now that has cycled through on several levels. I would agree that TPA might be one of the top stations for UA biz travelers without a *A club.
Lawyerneering likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Will TPA get a club or will it be one without?...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Will TPA get a club or will it be one without?...
The earlier answer is probably as good as any
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Still no news on Tampa’s UC..... just a matter of time. But when?
UA will probably want to finish the previously announced UC projects before announcing more.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Back when US was *A member and had a club at TPA, I can see why UA punted. But now that has cycled through on several levels. I would agree that TPA might be one of the top stations for UA biz travelers without a *A club.
Which was never really useful for UA travelers anyway because it was always in a different terminal (and different secure area) from UA operations, whether on E in the pre-merger days or A after moving in with the CO operation.

My guess is if TPA United Club is in a future (2020 or 2021) budget, plans, leases, etc. are not finalized and thus not ready to be announced.

TPA is, by a considerable margin -- about 20% -- United's busiest domestic station without a club. MSY and RDU are about 20% and 30% smaller, respectively, by United traffic but probably have a better high yield/business mix than leisure-heavy TPA. After those three, the next busiest UA station without a lounge is SMF, with around 55% of the traffic of TPA.

With double-daily SFO, a hangar under construction, a growing local market and historically large mainline presence, it's only a matter of time before UA matches AA and DL with a lounge in TPA. I'd also put BNA on the same list, but with lower priority.

Last edited by EWR764; Jun 24, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.