Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:18 pm

New MSY terminal delayed until Fall 2019:

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/l...c-abc562f6f9c5

Which means so is the opening of the MSY United Club.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, AC Aeroplan, UA MileagePlus, WN Rapid Rewards
Confirmed by employees of both UA and AA that the move to the new MSY terminal is now scheduled for August 7th. Here's to hoping they stick to that schedule this time.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:34 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Very interesting possibility given the amount of work TPA has seen the last 5-10 years
Apparently TPA is only through one of three phases of construction. So, quite a few more years of construction coming.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ASDwxguy
Confirmed by employees of both UA and AA that the move to the new MSY terminal is now scheduled for August 7th. Here's to hoping they stick to that schedule this time.
Nothing like planning "the big switch" right around the height of hurricane season. Hope that plays out.

At least a little more breath of life for the old MSY. So many memories there.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Beautiful new terminal for UA in CLT. Could really poke a stick in AA's eye by opening an Uncle Charley there and upping the level of completion but zero interest in doing so. In the meantime, DAL has taken over all the old UA and Frontier/Southwest gates and is eating AA's lunch there. Why is UA afraid?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by manstein58
DAL has taken over all the old UA and Frontier/Southwest gates and is eating AA's lunch there.
Service to hubs and no Sky Club is “eating AA’s lunch” at CLT? Really? Doesn’t sound much different from UA...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
DAL flights are full, have 10 gates, and they fly mainline aircraft for the most part. UA does not fill their planes which are mostly crappy regionals and have shown little interest in having a presence anywhere in the Southeast. So, yes, DAL is competing much harder than UA and taking PAX from AA.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by PTahCha
If the new Maple Leaf Lounge at LGA is an indicator of what the new United Club would be, it's on-track to be one of the better clubs in the system. The second floor, open ceiling/glass wall balcony design is similar to HKG United Club, and the UC's food is bound to be better than MLL (boiled eggs, pastries, and cereal for breakfast).
I wonder how slammed the Maple Leaf Lounge will be compared to the United Lounge once UA moves to the new gates. Presumably UA elites flying domestically will have access to the MLL but not the UC. (I guess this was still an issue with the old clubs outside of security, but now that the MLL will be so much easier to access, I can see overcrowding being an issue)
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer

Wow that old MSP Red Carpet Club is still there - figured it wasn’t long for the world after the merger.

Guess Medtronic / 3M connecting to Asia keeps it going.
The MSP Red Carpet closed a little after 9/11, and reopened a few years later. FWIW I really like the layout and think it has one of the best UA bars in the system. (Now, admittedly, I love dive bars.)
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Correct but that shouldn’t delay construction of the UC at TPA once approved
Old Apr 19, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
I wonder how slammed the Maple Leaf Lounge will be compared to the United Lounge once UA moves to the new gates. Presumably UA elites flying domestically will have access to the MLL but not the UC. (I guess this was still an issue with the old clubs outside of security, but now that the MLL will be so much easier to access, I can see overcrowding being an issue)
Agents at the LGA lounge today said the move is planned for 6/1. The also said the lounge will have hot food not just the soup currently served.
LIH likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
...The also said the lounge will have hot food not just the soup currently served.
Not sure why LGA will be better than just about any domestic United Club. Did they tell you they’re giving away the Brooklyn Bridge as a grand opening door prize 🙂? After the opening, I predict it’ll probably be no better/worse than any other domestic Club food-wise, in spite of what “they also said”. It’ll be nice if they got to level of LAX UC, but that’s doubtful.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by PacificClipper
Also UA will be moving to T3 at PHX. The press release and media coverage only mention the new Sky Club in the new concourse. No mention of UA occupying the former Sky Club space. Me thinks the PHX club may get dropped in the terminal move.
Originally Posted by ms_go
I hope not! I use that club a lot. There was an article in the AZ Republic in December about lounge changes at PHX that said United plans to build a lounge in T3; no timeline (although I think T3 is supposed to be done next year).
Agents at the PHX United Club have been told that there will be a new club at Terminal 3 when UA makes the move, approximately 2x the size of the existing facility, which has to be one of the smallest in the system now that FLL is in a new space. Welcome news!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EWR764
Agents at the PHX United Club have been told that there will be a new club at Terminal 3 when UA makes the move, approximately 2x the size of the existing facility, which has to be one of the smallest in the system now that FLL is in a new space. Welcome news!
SNA will probably be the smallest one, AUS’s UC is not big, either!
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:25 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH

Not sure why LGA will be better than just about any domestic United Club. Did they tell you they’re giving away the Brooklyn Bridge as a grand opening door prize 🙂? After the opening, I predict it’ll probably be no better/worse than any other domestic Club food-wise, in spite of what “they also said”. It’ll be nice if they got to level of LAX UC, but that’s doubtful.
As someone who catches 75% of their greater than 1 hour flight delays out of LGA, getting a UC that is at the new lounge "standard" would be a giant win. Similarly with food, the legacy options even outside of the club were just awful. Having more equivalent options both in and out of the club relative to other major domestic airports will be a huge improvement to my overall travel quality-of-life.
EWR764 and Yaddablahblah like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.