Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by wanderingkev
The folks at RDU have been talking about a club there for at least 12 months , glad to see it materializing , Long way off the gates though as UA has got pushed down the bottom end with the ever expanding Frontier,
with Frontier having made RDU their Eastern hub, the Frontier club will be in the Five Guys or Popeyes. Still don't know why there's no Bojangles. Either way, a cheap fast food joint seems appropriate for a Frontier club LOL.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
with Frontier having made RDU their Eastern hub, the Frontier club will be in the Five Guys or Popeyes. Still don't know why there's no Bojangles. Either way, a cheap fast food joint seems appropriate for a Frontier club LOL.
With 8 new Frontier destinations announced recently , I think Popeyes will be booming -food quality is definitely better when you turn right after TSA than left
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Count me in one one who would like to see a club at SLC.

The club at MSP is one I've been to often, as it's my most frequent destination for work travel. It's extremely small and usually crowded, but the staff is friendly.

I'm hoping the network will continue to grow.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
As I reported in the FLL thread,the grand opening of the new FLL United Club will be on Friday, Jan 25th.

Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
This is great news. Have a decent amount of business travel to RDU and MSY. Having a lounge will make the wait better!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by artvandalay
Never understood this. TPA has almost twice as many pax as RDU.
Is it possible that RDU is more of a business travel destination (research triangle) and TPA has more vacationers (central Florida)?
LIH likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:32 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
The location for the TPA club was approved and plans drawn up just prior to 911. So, 17 years later, nada. It will be on the second floor overlooking the concourse, similar to the AA (old US) club in another terminal. Access via elevator. Every time I walk past it, I look and see... nothing. Anything would be a big plus, especially since I have a lifetime membership and live here now.
EWR764 and TBD like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Dang...the one time I need to be in RDU in a couple weeks & it's too early
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Is it possible that RDU is more of a business travel destination (research triangle) and TPA has more vacationers (central Florida)?
Sure, it's possible. But FLL has a UC, and I bet there's way more business travel to TPA than FLL, and almost twice as many pax.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:02 am

Any word on the opening date for MSY? Is it tied to the opening of the new terminal or on a longer time frame? I'm flying through at the end of February.

Update: Found more recent MSY information that the new terminal won't open until May '19, it was previously Feb '19.

Last edited by nova08; Jan 22, 2019 at 6:36 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
Count me in one one who would like to see a club at SLC.

The club at MSP is one I've been to often, as it's my most frequent destination for work travel. It's extremely small and usually crowded, but the staff is friendly.

I'm hoping the network will continue to grow.
There with you about SLC, and love the whole team at MSP. Feel almost like it is the best "Cheers" of airport clubs in the USA TBH.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nova08
Any word on the opening date for MSY? Is it tied to the opening of the new terminal or on a longer time frame? I'm flying through at the end of February.

Update: Found more recent MSY information that the new terminal won't open until May '19, it was previously Feb '19.
The new club will open with the new terminal or shortly thereafter if construction delays hit. But the goal is to have it ready as part of the shift, similar to LGA.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Very interesting possibility given the amount of work TPA has seen the last 5-10 years
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:23 pm

I spoke with a MSY agent yesterday and he said that the new United Club is supposed to be larger than the new Delta Club, which would be surprising. He, also, said it is not certain that the UC will be opening at the same time as the new terminal.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC
As a TPA based flyer, the only reason I haven't gotten a membership is the lack of a UC in TPA
EWR764 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.