Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New United Clubs for MSY and RDU, Renovated FLL and LGA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:09 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Eh, all of the UA clubs use that nomenclature though and given this was on the baggage claim level, near the UA offices, made me think it could be testing of some sort.
I agree. It could be a positive sign that things are moving (slowly) forward and that the department responsible for making sure that the internet club access was the same across all club locations was told this was a 'go" and they are staying ahead of the curve in getting their price of what has to be done for a new club opening ready while they had the time. Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Any update on the RDU UC ?
Weatherboy likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Eh, all of the UA clubs use that nomenclature though and given this was on the baggage claim level, near the UA offices, made me think it could be testing of some sort.
Eh, no they don't, they use "united_club" without capitalization.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Originally Posted by gambda
Found the answer to my question & I see that there is a separate thread in FT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ing-5-aug.html

Looking forward to reading the reviews
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
I was so impressed by the LGA club. I visited yesterday and enjoyed flatbreads, small Reuben bites, baked ziti, a full Greek salad bar with grilled chicken, a hummus bar and plentiful snacks, cheese and dessert. A HUGE improvement and my best domestic United Club experience. Seems they cut the soup, but I’m not complaining.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by goldelite8
I was so impressed by the LGA club. I visited yesterday and enjoyed flatbreads, small Reuben bites, baked ziti, a full Greek salad bar with grilled chicken, a hummus bar and plentiful snacks, cheese and dessert. A HUGE improvement and my best domestic United Club experience. Seems they cut the soup, but I’m not complaining.
Made my first visit today and I too was impressed. The little Reubens were there along with margarita pizza, a really tasty and spicy vegetable pakora stew and wild mushroom pilaf (plus the cold items mentioned above). Not too crowded either. I wanted to try MLL but I don't think I was eligible (I had just landed from IAH and LGA was my final).
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
MSY club

Is this now open? I have a flight at the beginning of September and interested to know if it will be open by then.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Is this now open? I have a flight at the beginning of September and interested to know if it will be open by then.
The new terminal's opening was delayed until the fall, and early September is still technically summer - so you're probably out of luck.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
MSY club

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The new terminal's opening was delayed until the fall, and early September is still technically summer - so you're probably out of luck.
☹ Same thing happened to me with the Polaris LAX club. Missed it by that much🗯 (to quote Max).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gambda
I heard soft opening 8/5, full opening 8/8 from the UA employees at the airport.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I heard soft opening 8/5, full opening 8/8 from the UA employees at the airport.
That is correct, based on another thread here. I have to say, UA is doing a very good job with the new club renovations/openings in terms of updates. That said, they really need to figure out the Terminal C situation at EWR - it's unacceptable as is ATM - and rip the Band-Aid off and get the F Rotunda UC modernized.

My only complaint about all the new UCs is that the bathrooms are highly inefficient when it comes to space usage. YMMV.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ing-5-aug.html
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by goldelite8
Originally Posted by st530

Made my first visit today and I too was impressed. The little Reubens were there along with margarita pizza, a really tasty and spicy vegetable pakora stew and wild mushroom pilaf (plus the cold items mentioned above). Not too crowded either. I wanted to try MLL but I don't think I was eligible (I had just landed from IAH and LGA was my final).
agreed, and the nice new concourse was quite pleasant too.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:48 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj

agreed, and the nice new concourse was quite pleasant too.
The fact that the lounge is inside security and that the concourse has the space to not feel like the end of times when there are broad WX delays is going to be such an improvement in my quality of life. The only complaint I would have about the lounge is that it was fairly warm when I was there (I think just because its elevated in that large open space).
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Re: MSY: Slim to no chance of it being open for September.

https://www.nola.com/news/article_2a...b838bb5ec.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.