Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:57 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Platinum
Posts: 484
UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Fascinating tweet on who UA's biggest corporate accounts are out of SFO at least (no idea of its veracity) TIL Apple takes up 50 J seats on SFO-PVG daily.

Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by Ryu2; Jan 11, 2019 at 4:35 pm
Ryu2 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:08 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In between IAD and DCA
Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,262
Wow, 50 J seats a day on one route from one company is crazy. I'm sure it's not much less for SFO-HKG. Now we know why the PZ space is impossible to find

Interesting no Bain & Company or BCG but McKinsey is there. Wonder if those two fly more DL/AA.
UAL250 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:13 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Posts: 2,117
That's VERY West Coast centric. I wonder if those posters are specific to a certain sales region rather than nationwide.
Sykes is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:15 pm
  #4  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 66,797
Extremely surprized the UA and/or those corprorateswanted this information public. Wonder where this came from?
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:16 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,147
I'm going to guess the "50 seats" number is actually for both SFO-PVG and PVG-SFO, so it's really 25 return seats/day.

If you presume that route is 100% business for Apple, then...

$35 million in revenue, divided by 365 days, gives $100k/day.
$100k/day, divided by 50 seats gives $2k/seat
If that's really 50 seats in each direction then that's $1k/passenger/flight.

Whilst I'm sure Apple gets good discounts, I can't see them paying $1k for a 6000 mile business class flight...

However with 25 passengers in each direction that comes out to $2k/passenger/flight, or $4k/round trip.

(If they do have non-business class travelers on that route then the $ numbers are even lower)

Originally Posted by Sykes
That's VERY West Coast centric. I wonder if those posters are specific to a certain sales region rather than nationwide.
At the very bottom of the posters it says "fly California's global airline", so my guess would be CA revenue only.
docbert is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:16 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In between IAD and DCA
Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,262
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Extremely surprized the UA and/or those corprorateswanted this information public. Wonder where this came from?
Yeah, my first thought was that this is surely leaked and not supposed to be out in public. But I'm also not sure why this info would be on big banners standing up in a room. That makes it seem they wanted to show someone. But, likely someone leaked this and UA would likely not be happy with that.
riphamilton likes this.
UAL250 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:21 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco/Sydney
Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Posts: 8,147
Originally Posted by UAL250
Yeah, my first thought was that this is surely leaked and not supposed to be out in public. But I'm also not sure why this info would be on big banners standing up in a room. That makes it seem they wanted to show someone. But, likely someone leaked this and UA would likely not be happy with that.
My guess would be some form of internal/staff event/training/etc. I certainly can't believe they were something intended to be made public, and I can't think that Apple (or the others) would be happy to have those details out there.
MSPeconomist and wrp96 like this.
docbert is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:26 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: DEN / SEA
Programs: UA Silver
Posts: 132
Could have added Amazon/Microsoft there if UA didn't abandon SEA!
SEA-Flyer likes this.
maverickar15 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:27 pm
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ord
Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Posts: 365
I was flying with an Apple Employee years ago and he said after 2 flights to PVG he gets GS. WOW sweet deal
mellon is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:28 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In between IAD and DCA
Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,262
At the very, very bottom of the banners in very small print it appears to say something like:

"This is confidential (?) information. Please do not share details (?) of xx"

Yeah this is leaked and not supposed to be out there lol
chisquared likes this.
UAL250 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:15 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,361
Originally Posted by Sykes
That's VERY West Coast centric. I wonder if those posters are specific to a certain sales region rather than nationwide.
It's not nationwide. I think it is just SFO.
fly18725 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:57 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Posts: 3,506
Originally Posted by UAL250
At the very, very bottom of the banners in very small print it appears to say something like:

"This is confidential (?) information. Please do not share details (?) of xx"

Yeah this is leaked and not supposed to be out there lol
Looks to say “This is confidential information. Please do not share outside of United”. So clearly from some United internal event in California.

I think the revenue numbers listed are total global annual revenue for those accounts.
chisquared likes this.
D582 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:06 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Posts: 4,768
Originally Posted by docbert
My guess would be some form of internal/staff event/training/etc. I certainly can't believe they were something intended to be made public, and I can't think that Apple (or the others) would be happy to have those details out there.
it’s corporate sales meeting season so that would be my guess where this came from.
JAaronT is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:24 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In between IAD and DCA
Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 2,262
Originally Posted by D582


Looks to say “This is confidential information. Please do not share outside of United”. So clearly from some United internal event in California.

I think the revenue numbers listed are total global annual revenue for those accounts.
Well whoever leaked it is fired lol
LadyShiva likes this.
UAL250 is offline  
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:25 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 622
Makes you wonder what fraction of ex-SFO GS members work for one of the top 4 accounts.
prometa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.