Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Old Jan 11, 19, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum

Fascinating tweet on who UA's biggest corporate accounts are out of SFO at least (no idea of its veracity) TIL Apple takes up 50 J seats on SFO-PVG daily.

Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by Ryu2; Jan 11, 19 at 4:35 pm
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Wow, 50 J seats a day on one route from one company is crazy. I'm sure it's not much less for SFO-HKG. Now we know why the PZ space is impossible to find

Interesting no Bain & Company or BCG but McKinsey is there. Wonder if those two fly more DL/AA.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
That's VERY West Coast centric. I wonder if those posters are specific to a certain sales region rather than nationwide.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Extremely surprized the UA and/or those corprorateswanted this information public. Wonder where this came from?
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
I'm going to guess the "50 seats" number is actually for both SFO-PVG and PVG-SFO, so it's really 25 return seats/day.

If you presume that route is 100% business for Apple, then...

$35 million in revenue, divided by 365 days, gives $100k/day.
$100k/day, divided by 50 seats gives $2k/seat
If that's really 50 seats in each direction then that's $1k/passenger/flight.

Whilst I'm sure Apple gets good discounts, I can't see them paying $1k for a 6000 mile business class flight...

However with 25 passengers in each direction that comes out to $2k/passenger/flight, or $4k/round trip.

(If they do have non-business class travelers on that route then the $ numbers are even lower)

Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
That's VERY West Coast centric. I wonder if those posters are specific to a certain sales region rather than nationwide.
At the very bottom of the posters it says "fly California's global airline", so my guess would be CA revenue only.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Extremely surprized the UA and/or those corprorateswanted this information public. Wonder where this came from?
Yeah, my first thought was that this is surely leaked and not supposed to be out in public. But I'm also not sure why this info would be on big banners standing up in a room. That makes it seem they wanted to show someone. But, likely someone leaked this and UA would likely not be happy with that.
riphamilton likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, TK Elite, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis First
Originally Posted by UAL250 View Post
Yeah, my first thought was that this is surely leaked and not supposed to be out in public. But I'm also not sure why this info would be on big banners standing up in a room. That makes it seem they wanted to show someone. But, likely someone leaked this and UA would likely not be happy with that.
My guess would be some form of internal/staff event/training/etc. I certainly can't believe they were something intended to be made public, and I can't think that Apple (or the others) would be happy to have those details out there.
MSPeconomist and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL/UA
Could have added Amazon/Microsoft there if UA didn't abandon SEA!
SEA-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
I was flying with an Apple Employee years ago and he said after 2 flights to PVG he gets GS. WOW sweet deal
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:28 pm

At the very, very bottom of the banners in very small print it appears to say something like:

"This is confidential (?) information. Please do not share details (?) of xx"

Yeah this is leaked and not supposed to be out there lol
chisquared likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
It's not nationwide. I think it is just SFO.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:57 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by UAL250 View Post
At the very, very bottom of the banners in very small print it appears to say something like:

"This is confidential (?) information. Please do not share details (?) of xx"

Yeah this is leaked and not supposed to be out there lol
Looks to say “This is confidential information. Please do not share outside of United”. So clearly from some United internal event in California.

I think the revenue numbers listed are total global annual revenue for those accounts.
chisquared likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by docbert View Post
My guess would be some form of internal/staff event/training/etc. I certainly can't believe they were something intended to be made public, and I can't think that Apple (or the others) would be happy to have those details out there.
it’s corporate sales meeting season so that would be my guess where this came from.
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by D582 View Post

Looks to say “This is confidential information. Please do not share outside of United”. So clearly from some United internal event in California.

I think the revenue numbers listed are total global annual revenue for those accounts.
Well whoever leaked it is fired lol
LadyShiva likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 6:25 pm

Makes you wonder what fraction of ex-SFO GS members work for one of the top 4 accounts.

Search this Thread