Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:50 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Definitely not system-wide IMO; there are some energy companies in Houston that would be on the middle of that list at least. NOV being just one (Chevron has giant ops in Houston though and likely generate more than the Cali ops for UA).

Bain likely falls under the Newark/Boston market, even with the West Coast money they throw around.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Well now we know which 10 ex-SFO routes will stick around for awhile.
...as long as those corporate contracts stay.
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
As astronomical as this number is, it’s the equivalent of someone making $100k a year spending $57 on gas.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
(Chevron has giant ops in Houston though and likely generate more than the Cali ops for UA).
Chevron is headquartered in SF (technically San Ramon), as are most of the companies on that list (There's a few that aren't, but could well have their travel departments based in CA). My guess is that these numbers are more likely California-based accounts rather than specifically spend on California flights.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Most interesting thing in my opinion is how UA is extremely exposed in China if this trade war continues
You are correct. UA is over exposed in China and a trade war may be the least of its problems in coming years.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
looks like the president of california needs to work on her team's opsec.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
$100k/day, divided by 50 seats gives $2k/seat
If that's really 50 seats in each direction then that's $1k/passenger/flight.

Whilst I'm sure Apple gets good discounts, I can't see them paying $1k for a 6000 mile business class flight...
It's probably 50 seats bidirectional (25 one way). I know for a fact that the J cabin is not half AAPL employees based on past experience on that route as a passenger.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:28 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by docbert
Chevron is headquartered in SF (technically San Ramon), as are most of the companies on that list (There's a few that aren't, but could well have their travel departments based in CA). My guess is that these numbers are more likely California-based accounts rather than specifically spend on California flights.
I agree on CA and that is exactly what I was saying; Chevron also generates huge travel dollars out of IAH too, but makes the SFO list due to the HQs. Other cities have companies that top those numbers; I know NOV has been spending well over 13,000,000$ a year for example. So Cali $ generation is on that list, but other cities have big hitters too - Chicago, New York, Houston obviously have heavy hitters.

As for Apple, they are certainly not "only" spending money on UA so I am sure that number goes well north of 200mil
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Now if Apple would only open a factory near BKK . . . .

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I don't think most people are going to make that connection.
And it's only a small number of air-travel obsessed people who are even going to see or pay attention to those numbers. That said, I think it's a good bet there are some folks at UA who are massively pissed this got published.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Kacee
That said, I think it's a good bet there are some folks at UA who are massively pissed this got published.
Yes I agree -especially because it gives the competition good insights into what those companies (and especially Apple spend with UA).
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
UA is about to get a lot of very angry letters and maybe about to lose a few large customers. If I were Tim Cook, I would be wild and making a change to the Apple travel policy, today.
As an employee I really have no idea what you're talking about here.

Do you mean you feel there's overspending going on? It's tracked, I assure you.

Do you mean changing preferred carrier because of this leak? It's certainly not optimal but even if that were a reasonable response, there's nobody to change to out of SFO. UA is the only carrier that can service all these routes directly from SFO.
Miggles and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh
UA is about to get a lot of very angry letters and maybe about to lose a few large customers. If I were Tim Cook, I would be wild and making a change to the Apple travel policy, today.
Not sure Tim Cook has much choice. It's UA or MU.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by east_west
Not sure Tim Cook has much choice. It's UA or MU.
Maybe Apple should just buy HX.
lixiaojuventus and findark like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What would roughly be the breakeven numbers for APPL to use a private plane or even charter something from UA?

I know one of the auto companies used to have a 757 daily TATL.charter with about 60 business class (only) seats between Detroit and Stuttgart.
Brucemcdou and east_west like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Maybe Apple should just buy HX.
Intel has a fleet of private airplanes for shuttle flights between Hillsboro and Santa Clara, Folsom, and Chandler.

With 50 seats a day just to PVG, Tim could redirect that $150M to a fleet of business jets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.