Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA biggest corporate accounts out of SFO (leaked data)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I work for one of the companies on this list. We have a status match / status fast track "perk" with UA, but when you contact United about it they will only match status with American or Delta, and will only offer fast track status to employees who are ordinarily resident in the US.

So being based in Germany, I don't get anything out of the UA relationship
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by usbusinesstraveller
“Oscar, your biggest corporate client is Apple who are in trouble.
That's rather a gross overstatement.
FLYMSY, Miggles, tuolumne and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
This is a really interesting look into the United, or really any airline. I'm fascinated to see more data like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Unless they intended this to be public, I can't believe they were so nonchalant about having this information be disseminated. Surely they could have said to all attendees that information discussed or shown should not be divulged to the public.

Again, if this is confidential info, whoever posted this on social media was just incredibly thoughtless or just did not care.

Social media... Highlighting the clueless one post at a time
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What would roughly be the breakeven numbers for APPL to use a private plane or even charter something from UA?
Not even close. Apple is spending ~$100k/day for 25 seats each way (and the flexibility that it could be 50 or 100 seats in one direction on any given day), even if you made a pair of Gulfstreams into clown cars each way it would be $400k/day in opex with no flexibility to go beyond ~28 seats in either direction.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
is apple really getting a deal, i see fares in J for SFO-PVG rt less than $3.7k for most of the year
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MIDWESTERNFLYER
Surprised Salesforce wasn't on the list
They don't do any manufacturing, a lot less need to move people around.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If UA had wanted to include this information in a small packet, I highly doubt the numbers get leaked. Printing it on a giant banner? That's asking for trouble.
Except in my case, the guide went to a few thousand bankers.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm surprised this info was leaked. At best, its bad form to put customer travel patterns up there, even if its not a secret (e.g. its no secret that apple had manufacturing in china, and thus they have a lot of back and forth.) I am a bit surprised at the volume. That many people going back and forth every day seems like a lot. Its not like Apple has *that* many different products. part of their magic is making huge $$$ off of relatively few SKU.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: United Plat
Surprised to see TPE is #3 on Apple's list. What is Apple doing in Taiwan? They don't make iPhone there.

And this must be the reason why United puts 77W on TPE route, although people keep saying TPE is a low-yield market.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Collierkr
UA is stupid for even putting this type of info on a banner period. They will likely pay the price for that mistake.
I think you underestimate how often this happens. This is a non-event.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sfo3388
Surprised to see TPE is #3 on Apple's list. What is Apple doing in Taiwan? They don't make iPhone there.
Foxconn is based in Taiwan.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by sfo3388

Lots of chip and display design work is done in Taiwan. Large traffic of engineers from Cupertino.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by LondonElite

I think you underestimate how often this happens. This is a non-event.
How often it happens to UA or other companies?

Sure it happens.. and who knows, maybe they "wanted" it to happen.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
is apple really getting a deal, i see fares in J for SFO-PVG rt less than $3.7k for most of the year
They’re getting a huge deal. More important than price is the flexibility that these corporate deals entail (e.g., discounts or flat rates on last seat availability.)

A lot of travel, especially in the manufacturing space, is booked at the last minute. Heck, I know people who were in meetings, a problem came up, and their boss asked them to get on the next flight (in a couple hours) to go visit a manufacturer. Being guaranteed a seat on an airline with an international route network as extensive as UA’s is not something that can be discounted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.