Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

one-off LAS-RDU on UA metal, what's that about?

Old Jan 10, 19, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something

I happened to see UA1220 pop up as a LAS-RDU nonstop when I was looking at SDC options... but what's up with this? It's only being offered on Friday the 11th and looks like a one-time deal. Could this be a charter that they're selling the rest of the seats on? Or a repositioning flight? Doesn't look like it's in LAS for any extended period of time, although it's been at PHX for a few days: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N62849

Enquiring minds want to know!?!?
Old Jan 10, 19, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in LAS. RDU is one of several spokes that get one-offs for the event (which sell out at full fare - demand is that high!). Even 777 service from hubs! Spokes that get LAS service for a hot minute include SEA, AUS, SAN, SJC, and more.
brp1264 and riphamilton like this.
Old Jan 10, 19, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of the longest 737 upgrade waitlists Iíve ever seen was LAS-SFO at the end of the CES.
Old Jan 10, 19, 9:14 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
My gate agents on Monday morning at RDU weíre saying that the Monday RDU to Vegas flight went out pretty light.
Old Jan 10, 19, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, AA, DL, Marriott Silver
Iím also on a weird one-off - flying CVG-IAD in Tuesday. Itís mainline on a 320. Return appears to be Wednesday morning.

obviously, this route itself isnít odd - itís up to 4 x daily now, depending on time of year. But itís always been UAX only - used to CR7s, and E75s in the busier times of year. In the 10+ years Iíve been in CVG, never seen a mainline plane scheduled on this route. So wondering why the random mainline?
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
Originally Posted by SAN 1K View Post
My gate agents on Monday morning at RDU weíre saying that the Monday RDU to Vegas flight went out pretty light.
yeah, when I saw it in the schedule I looked and the seat map had lots and lots of empty seats...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: