Your favourite lounge at LHR T2?

Old Jan 10, 19, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, UAMP Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold Elite, Sixt Gold
Your favourite lounge at LHR T2?

I am soon leaving LHR on a UA flight to ORD in J. I have always used only the UA lounge so far and I was wondering if you had any recommendations. I have been in the LH lounge once and was not particularly impressed. Wondering if the SQ and AC lounges are any better.

I am especially interested in Champagne, as UA appeared to only be serving sparkling wine during my visits...
Old Jan 10, 19, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Can I suggest you try doing a search "LHR lounge" or similar ... as this topic has been debated/flogged etc ad infinitum Which Lounge and LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GlobalFirst Lounge, and Arrivals Lounge Discussion Thread and T2 LHR lounges and Champagne in LHR lounges
Old Jan 10, 19, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
AC lounge is my favorite, but the UC is very good as well. The SQ club I don't think is worth going to, as it is no better than either UC or AC lounge.

If I were you I'd split my time between AC lounge and UC, but if you only want to go to one I'd suggest AC lounge. If you're there at the right time, you'll be the only one in the lounge. I have been the only person in the AC lounge a couple of times now, in the mid afternoon in the winter before the 4:40pm UA flight to IAD.
Old Jan 10, 19, 6:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Another recent excellent comparison of LHR T2 lounges is Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2
Old Jan 10, 19, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club, Marriott PLT, Starwood PLT
My Favorite is the VIP section (former Global First lounge) of the United Club. After that, I like The Air Canada club for food, and Singapore airlines club for drinks (Singapore sling + tiger beer)
Old Jan 10, 19, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
My Favorite is the VIP section (former Global First lounge) of the United Club.
Agreed, was just there in Dec.
Old Jan 11, 19, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
I prefer the UC. The AC lounge isn’t as good as FRA, IMO the one time I went to it, and the SQ lounge is good, but not as nice looking as the UC. The food is good in both though.
Old Jan 11, 19, 4:48 am

Programs: QF Gold
SQ do a very nice Nasi Lamak for breakfast.

Other than that, UA club!
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, mLife Platinum
Originally Posted by LordHamster View Post
My Favorite is the VIP section (former Global First lounge) of the United Club. After that, I like The Air Canada club for food, and Singapore airlines club for drinks (Singapore sling + tiger beer)
How are you receiving access to this? I'm LHR based, and a 1K, and was not offered this access in December
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by skycrab View Post
How are you receiving access to this? I'm LHR based, and a 1K, and was not offered this access in December
Same here. I'd love to know the answer.
Old Jan 11, 19, 5:56 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club, Marriott PLT, Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by skycrab View Post
Global Services Perk.
Old Jan 11, 19, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Platinum; SPGold; GoldPoints Gold; most other FF programs...
Since the OP asked specifically about champagne, of the 4 *alliance lounges in LHR T2, only AC and UA serve true champagne. Both are good, but might give a slight edge to UAís (but imagine the brand is subject to change periodically).

For food, my vote would go to SQ.
Old Jan 11, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
The design aesthetic at the AC club is nice, but in terms of size, amenities, food, and bar the UA club is the clear winner. For once.
Old Jan 11, 19, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
The AC lounge isnít as good as FRA,
Your mentioning FRA poked my interest. Travelling usually out of Z-gates in FRA, I am more than familiar with the LH Sen lounge. Is there a way to pass by the AC lounge?
I'd love to check it out.
Old Jan 11, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
Your mentioning FRA poked my interest. Travelling usually out of Z-gates in FRA, I am more than familiar with the LH Sen lounge. Is there a way to pass by the AC lounge?
I'd love to check it out.
The AC lounge is in the B gates, alas, so hard to get to from Z gates. It is my lounge of choice when flying non-Schengen/non-US out of FRA.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: