Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Yes they do.

Also, they are not angled seats. Angled seats do not recline to 180.
By "angled" I meant as opposed to oriented straight ahead, which is how they are in the odd rows. What is the better word for this?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by physioprof
Scrolled through thread but didn't see answer to this: Do even row DF angled Polaris seats have a lowerable divider between them, or only odd row?
They do, but it is much narrower (as determined by the space), and it is behind your normal field of view when sitting.

Tangent: why are the middle-pair seats D/F on the 788,781 but D/G on the 772,3?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
They do, but it is much narrower (as determined by the space), and it is behind your normal field of view when sitting.

Tangent: why are the middle-pair seats D/F on the 788,781 but D/G on the 772,3?
it may be confusing.. but it’s meaning to “line up” consistently throughout the plane for who has an aisle and window seat.

look at the economy section. A is window and D and F is aisle. Same for PE and Polaris.

the better question is why are there so many missing row numbers.. I spent a 20 minutes explaining to someone once that the plane didn’t really have 60 rows .. “but that’s what my ticket says!”
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hscottm
it may be confusing.. but it’s meaning to “line up” consistently throughout the plane for who has an aisle and window seat.

look at the economy section. A is window and D and F is aisle. Same for PE and Polaris.

the better question is why are there so many missing row numbers.. I spent a 20 minutes explaining to someone once that the plane didn’t really have 60 rows .. “but that’s what my ticket says!”
Ah, kind of makes sense. Except that they have the pmCO 772 configured with D/E in J and D/E/F in Y. I suppose that might have been inherited from CO?

My understanding is the missing row numbers are done for the same reason, e.g., they want P+ to start at row 20, Y to start at row 30 (for the reconfigured planes), etc. On the narrowbodies they make exit rows 20/21; not sure if there is something analogous for widebodies.

In my estimation, the row numbering is kind of helpful for frequent flyers, but as you noted definitely can confuse infrequent ones.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
By "angled" I meant as opposed to oriented straight ahead, which is how they are in the odd rows. What is the better word for this?
Angled and lie flat seats describe the recline angle, and not the seat direction. I would just say seats facing the aisle.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Diagonal seats
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:39 am
Suspended

This days bassinets are at 6abkl but that doesn’t apply to the new J config. Are there any bassinets in J?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TN07NC10
This days bassinets are at 6abkl but that doesn’t apply to the new J config. Are there any bassinets in J?
There is only one 787-10 configuration (with bassinets in 6AB and 6KL in bulkhead -- row 1?)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
Didn't see this question in the thread yet.... when traveling as party of 2 in Polaris, can the dividers between seats D and F be lowered for the flight? Which seats are better when traveling together? Odd or even (side by side or angled)?

Last edited by Christefan; Jul 3, 2020 at 6:03 pm Reason: specify classs of service
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Christefan
Didn't see this question in the thread yet.... when traveling as party of 2 in Polaris, can the dividers between seats D and F be lowered for the flight? Which seats are better when traveling together? Odd or even (side by side or angled)?
Yes. The divider has a control switch and can be lowered Or raised as you please. We prefer the side by side (not angled), you can talk across easier. Though obviously any pair will do if that’s the only choice and you want to sit close.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TN07NC10
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There is only one 787-10 configuration (with bassinets in 6AB and 6KL)
Is the info about 6AB/6KL correct, though? I don't believe row 6 has any bassinet, and I suspect the listing is incorrectly copied from the 789 configuration with 6AB/KL as the bulkhead.

I think the bassinet should be at 1A/L for this aircraft.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
... I think the bassinet should be at 1A/L for this aircraft.
I think you are right -- overly focused on the alternative config issue amd missed the error in the UA chart. UA has updated tier website, will update the wiki
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Can you get 1A on international flights or is it blocked for crew rest?
Very belated response, but I saw no response so figured I'd chime in. 1A is available on international flights.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Going to be flying with SO on 787-10 in J. Every odd-numbered D/F pair is open. Main goal is to maximize privacy / avoid foot traffic to try to minimize coronavirus exposure. Which row would you pick? Thanks

Last edited by EWRSNA; Jul 31, 2020 at 2:35 pm Reason: Edited question for clarity
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose I'd choose row 7, under the theory that passengers from row 5/6 forward will go forward to the lav, and from row 7 back they go backward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.