Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
You have lots of legroom but it is a high traffic area because of the lavatories.

Row 30 would be a better choice if you can get it.
Thanks for the tip.

Unfprtunately, seats in row 30 are taken - except for 30B, but that's a middle seat, so I will probably prefer 44F. I can of course ask at the gate if it's possible to get something better.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Quick Q: 20F or 21F ?
5'9" pax on an overnight flight.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:00 am

Just booked saver awards to Frankfurt for myself and my partner and this is our aircraft. Hoping to be upgraded to Saver Business, but if that doesn’t happen, I want the best possible E+ seats for us. My partner has a physical disability so Emergency Exit row is out as an option. Is row 30 the best choice for us (since emergency exit row is not an option) or are we better off non-bulkhead?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
I flew the 787-10 in 7A and 8F and found it pretty cramped. 8F has the usual problems of even-row seats exposed to the aisle but the seat itself is very noticeably narrower compared to the previous 788/789 generation.

7A is similarly narrow but overall has more of a sense of space. The windows are well aligned but the foot box seems off to one side (towards the window). For me this affected sleep quality as I had to be very deliberate to get my legs lined up just right. In general, I found the 787-10 config ok for 5-6 hours runs but I’d take the old seats even without aisle access for anything longer. If anything, the ride reminded of IPTE 8-across though that has more foot space.

Row 8 service was a problem too. It wasn’t clear if the front or back galley was supposed to handling that row: we were skipped for meal service and drinks were haphazard.
Kacee likes this.

Last edited by djmp; Sep 7, 2019 at 12:55 pm
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:10 am

Looking for advice on my first 787-10 flight. I'm in 35C (E+ aisle) now, but 30F (E+ aisle bulkhead) is available. I like to work on the flights and usually do so in 21C on the A319 (exit row) because of the extra pitch. On the E170 10C I don't work as there's not quite enough room for my laptop without risking the slam-down seat recline from breaking the screen.

I'm also a big guy (5'9", 250#) so don't generally like the "in armrest" tray tables as they make the seats very narrow. I'm assuming the E+ bulkhead has these, in an already narrow seat, so I avoided it and opted for a regular E+ seat.

What to do?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:16 am

Read through the whole thread and see some people were able to book 1A. Isn't this crew rest? Or were they on a transcon?

AKL-SFO swapped 772 for 787-10 so I'm rethinking 1L based on reviews here. I want the larger footwell, but not at the expense of hearing flushing for 12 hours.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
787-10 Bathrooms FC

OK, weird question. I searched here and looked at reviews, and none of them answered my question. I am taking the 787-10 next week to LAX, and I have to go to meetings after my flight. I am sitting in FC, and I was wondering how big the bathrooms were? I am a big guy and want to get changed before landing, so I don't have to wear a suit on. I know the 767 has large bathrooms mid-cabin, but I have never been on the 787-10. Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Same as the other 787s - the large lav is the handicapped-accessible one at 2L.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by findark
Same as the other 787s - the large lav is the handicapped-accessible one at 2L.

Thanks! Perfect I am in 1
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by njshawn
Thanks! Perfect I am in 1
To be clear, that's "door two left" which is between seats 11A and 20A
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by findark
To be clear, that's "door two left" which is between seats 11A and 20A

Gotcha you that is perfect its the same on the 767. Thanks again!
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:56 pm

May I suggest waiting until you land and using one of the bathrooms on the ground? The accessible stalls are large enough to make it easy to lay your rollaboard down and unzip it, or hang up your suit bag, and do what you need to do. If you have UC access, then they might even be a bit cleaner than the ones for the hoi polloi. Either option will have more space than any of the on-board facilities.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jpezaris
May I suggest waiting until you land and using one of the bathrooms on the ground?
Yes I would use a handicapped stall on the ground. Not only for space, but also b/c UA lavs are typically pretty gross by end of flight.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes I would use a handicapped stall on the ground. Not only for space, but also b/c UA lavs are typically pretty gross by end of flight.
Sometimes the departing flights are even worse when the "cleaning" crews don't do anything to clean the lavs either.

Ugh.

David
Old Sep 21, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by Kacee
+1 - I'd suggest heading to the Lav on the baggage claim level at LAX and change there. It's new, large, and usually clean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.